2004 Champion 203 DCX. ##SOLD##

FFF Champ

2004 Champion 203 DCX. ##SOLD##

Post by FFF Champ »

FOR SALE: 2004 Champion 203 DCX. 2004 Mercury 250 EFI w/ Trophy Plus 26P SS 4 blade prop. Minn Kota Maxxum 65 lb. 24V Trolling Motor. Lowrance HDS-8 Gen2 w/ side/down imaging at console along with Lowrance Flasher, Lowrance X87 at bow. Hot Foot, Recessed Trolling Motor pedal, Huge livewells, Tons of storage. Color is Silver/Blue/Gold. Considering normal minor wear n tear, boat is in great condition for age. Engine has VERY LOW HOURS: 167 total as of 5 Apr 2014, 120 psi on ALL cylinders. Runs strong, mid 70's w/ 1/2 tank of gas, 2 people, full tournament load. Trolling batteries recently replaced. Tires have less than a year on them.

IMG_1831.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1832.JPG
Last edited by FFF Champ on Mon May 12, 2014 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gabby

Re: 2004 Champion 203 DCX For Sale

Post by Gabby »

Hi: Nice boat.

First, where are you/the boat located? I'm in Santa Rosa, CA.

I have a few ques. Is the Merc 4 stroke or 2? Direct Injection or carburetor?

How come so few hours? Was the engine rebuilt?

The 67 # TM is kinda small for a heavy 20 ft. fiberglass boat.

Do you have all the paper work on the boat maintainance/repair?

Any stability problems walking around when fishing or if back seater moves around? 90 in. beam is pretty narrow, many 20 ft boats are 92-96 in wide.

How long are the rod lockers?

Live wells work really well? Have oxygen infusion with the water circulation?

Anything else that you can tell me?

Thanks,

Jim
FFF Champ

Post by FFF Champ »

Hello,thank you for looking. I am located in Olivehurst CA, (near Yuba City). The engine is a 2 stroke EFI (electronic fuel injection) that has never been rebuilt, all original hours. Bought this boat from my father who loved to fish but seemed to like working more, therefor the boat spent a good bit of time in the garage looking pretty . As for the trolling motor, I thought it was going to be too small as well but surprisingly it pulls the boat around pretty good. The only time I felt it was under powered was one super nasty day at Clear Lake trying to fight the conditions, and even then I only had to crank it up to 80. She does have a narrower beam than some, but I personally don't mind. Lack of stability is not an issue with this boat, If you have or know of anyone who has ridden in a Champion they will tell you the same. I'm not sure of the exact length of the rod lockers but i comfortably fit 8 footers in the left side and have never used the right side for rods but I'm sure they are pretty close to the same size. The live wells work well, never had a dead fish at the end of the day. And yes the live wells are aerated and operate in either manual or auto timed. Its a good boat and wont disappoint.

Thanks, Kenny
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

I have an '03 203, if you fish big rough water like Clear Lake, where I keep mine, you can't go wrong with this model. My partner and I have been thru some gnarly, windy situations & this boat handles it extremely well. In other words it gets us home safe! The narrow beam probably helps the boat slice thru bigger waves. It is a little "tippy" with your partner back there, but nothing you won't get used to. I weigh 180 & Ted in the back weighs a little over 300 so I know he's back there! I think the trolling motor is a little light, I use a MK 101 & glad I have it. They are great boats & despite the narrow beam, has plenty of room!
Bsapp

Post by Bsapp »

Is this boat still for sale?
FFF Champ

Post by FFF Champ »

Yes, it is.
FFF Champ

Post by FFF Champ »

PRICE REDUCED: $21,500