Annual Castaic Bass Club Challenge September 11th 2016

coachkevm

Annual Castaic Bass Club Challenge September 11th 2016

Post by coachkevm »

If cancer has touched your life, or someone near and dear to you, take this opportunity to join the Castaic Bass Club in celebrating life, as we thumb our noses at this devastating disease in the memory of Mike Iljin, Wes Carpenter, Manny Nunez, and all those it has taken from us too soon. So here is the official announcement:

Club Members of Southern California,
It's time to start planning to compete in this year's annual Castaic Bass Club Memorial Challenge, hosted by the Castaic Bass Club.
Once again, the tournament will be held on Sunday, September 11 2016 at Castaic Lake. We will be working with the lake in the next few weeks/months as to where we think we will be able to launch from (most likely the West Ramp), so please check back here for updates.
The event is open to all members of chartered, insured bass clubs from Southern California area, from San Diego to San Luis Obispo, and from the Pacific to the Nevada border.
The event will have a $30 entry fee (per boat), along with vehicle and boat launching fees ($24) the lake charges, unless you have an annual pass. This year we will be paying out the Top 3 finishers (in the past it was winner take all), along with the Top Big Bass weighed in. With the format changing slightly from the past here is a break down of what and where the $30 goes to...$15 from each entry goes into Top 3 prize fund, $5 to the Top Big Bass prize fund, and $10 for insurance and BBQ. The payouts will look something like this:
1st place - 50% of tourney fee
2nd place - 30% of tourney fee
3rd place - 20% of tourney fee
Big Bass - Winner Take All and a New Cousins Rod
We will also continue to have one of the BIGGEST raffles due to the generosity of some GREAT sponsors!! The tickets will be $1 and available after weigh in while the BBQ is taking place.
Just a reminder that Castaic Lake is a quagga free, clean and dry lake, and a have a strict inspection regime in place, so having your boat both clean and dry is mandatory for admittance.
If you are already cabled by another SoCal lake, such as Pyramid, Perris, Silverwood, your cabling will be accepted by Castaic and you're good to go. If you have questions about your cable feel free to call the or visit their webiste
There is no minimum number of boats per club for participation, so if only one boat shows up from your club, they can still compete. There is a 2 club member per boat limit. This is a friendly competition, so we limit it to actual club members. The weights from the 3 biggest bags from each club will be combined and will be the official weight of that club. The club with the heaviest combined weight will be this year's winner, and will have their club's name engraved on the perpetual trophy.
Pre-registration is critical in helping us get the Challenge launched on time. Please contact one of the club officers with head count and team pairing names as soon as you have them, so we can get all that info into the computer ahead of time. Registration cut off date will be Wednesday, September 7. This will really speed up the process at the lake on the day of the Challenge.
Here is a list of contact info:
Kevin Miner - Club President
661-313-2961
coachkevm32@sbcglobal.net
Ralph Rosas - Vice President
818-781-2809
deputydog321@hotmail.com
Jose Gudino - Secretary
818-272-4346
devil4275@yahoo.com
Orin Tsabetsaye - Treasurer
818-621-3516
orinjay@icloud.com
George Garcia - Weighmaster
805-625-0172
georgeg1681@yahoo.com

We look forward to another fun day!!!
Last edited by coachkevm on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
coachkevm

Re: Annual Castaic Bass Club Challenge September 11th 2016

Post by coachkevm »

We are starting to get some items for the raffle and here is a list:
Anglers Marine gift certificates courtesy of Rick Grover
Dobyns Rods certificates
Rod Glove sleeves
Rod Armorz sleeves
Big Bite Baits
Vicious Fishing Line and hats
Channel Islands Sport-fishing
G Force Eliminator Trolling motor prop nut courtesy of Trolling Motor Doctor
XX2i optics sunglasses
Livingston Lures
Hoo-Rag
Owner Hooks
Dude Wipes
$50 Solar Bat Sunglasses gift certificates
Fish The Grind clothing
Pink Fishing items
5Limit Fishing attire
Picasso Lure baits
CAST Crew clothing
Life Like Plastics courtesy of Ken Mathews

We are also going to have a Cousins Rod to give away to the person that catches the BIG fish of the tourney....so not only will the BIG fish get the lucky angler cash but also a new Cousins Rod!!

We are hoping that we will get a lot of clubs to participate. The lake level is up and the bite should be good!!
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Just got another sponsor>>>>
Husky Liners

This is starting to shape up to be another HUGE raffle!!

Get your club signed up!!!!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

We are pleased and THANKFUL that GEE GEE Baits has come on as a sponsor for the Challenge.

It's getting closer!! Get your club signed up!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Just got word today that Tuff Skinz Products LLC will be donating a motor cover for the raffle.
The water level continues to rise and should be leveling off soon and the bite should be good for this. Get your club signed up.
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Castaic Bass Club is pleased to add the following sponsors to the growing list of awesome donations

Bassboatseats.com will be donating a $400 gift certificate towards the purchase of new seats!!!

Gillz will be donating performance shirts (this is the company that used to be called Breathe like a fish)

The list continues to grow and once again this will be one of the BIGGEST raffles!!

Get signed up now!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Awesome sponsors keep rolling in....we are pleased and want to Thank Monster fishing tackle for their generosity. Go
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Club Presidents or members...please give me feedback as to the format change. The Castaic Bass Club wants this to be an enjoyable/fun tourney and can and will change it back to the old format in order to get you guys to participate. PM me or email me at coachkevm32@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

WE keep adding more sponsors.....clubs need to let us know if you are coming.
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Only a month away!! Clubs need to get your teams in soon!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

So after consideration and discussion within the Castaic Bass Club board and members we have decided to lower the cost for this "fun" tournament. We are going to ask for a $10 entry fee and the options will run $20/boat. We are hoping that clubs will start contacting a CBC board member (listed at the beginning of this thread) and get your club signed up. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

The water at Castaic looks as if it has stabilized and the fishing is starting to improve!! The Castaic Bass Club is working hard to make this a great event that should be a lot of fun. Clubs need to start getting names in so we can get the list to the lake. Stay tuned for more details as we get closer.
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Sign ups are starting to come in and the bite is picking up!! Get your club signed up and don't miss this fun event!!
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

If you are a club member and want to fish this event then contact me for more info.
Kevin

Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Drat. too bad we're gonna miss event. Great cause and fun club derby. US Open bumped me out of this.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Brian...if you have any members that can make it then let me know...we would love for them to come and have some fun!!
ALL clubs are invited to this event and you don't have to have 3 boats to fish this. All we ask is that you be a member in good standing of a club. Contact me for more info.

THanks
Kevin

coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

The deadline to get your club entered is Thursday. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Kevin

mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Where are the results posted?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY