archeery hunt in d3 4 5

basshol

archeery hunt in d3 4 5

Post by basshol »

are there any recommendations for archery hunts in these d zone i was lucky i got my last choice
fishnhunt21

Re: archeery hunt in d3 4 5

Post by fishnhunt21 »

Oroville Wildlife Area on the east side of river. All river bottoms...only problem out there is brushy and dry with cottonwood leaves on the the ground and you hear them, but never see them.

John
profisha1

Re: archeery hunt in d3 4 5

Post by profisha1 »

THere really isnt a great place, Most of the public land is in the higher country which unfortuanely has a small deer poulation. Some areas that ever year deer are taken is out hwy 49 towards gold lake, some of the other high country national forest areas. I normally always see deer, but a buck is the diffucult part. Im not sure of the name of the place but it is indian somthing, I have seen alot of deer. You can also head up highway 80 and hunt around some of the national forest up there, there are alot of acess points back in towards the high country lakes.

Majority of the deer populations are in the foothills, auburn, grass valley, penn valley, Oroville, all are areas with larger populations, I know I am missing alot of information, but this is just my ideas. Majority of the deer in this zone are killed on private land, because that is primarilly what the foothills are.

just .02