Bass West USA - Have you received it yet?

bassdaddy

Re: Bass West USA - Have you received it yet?

Post by bassdaddy »

Trak'bass
Thank you for the response...I have been a subscriber for a couple of years also. I agree...every issue has shown up on an unpredictable timeline. I have never been real enamored with the situation, but I like it a heck of a lot less now that Tom gets on here and acts like he gives a fat rats tail about the problem. When I called the office to politely explain my situation and the response was "just wait ANOTHER week and get back to us", I asked for a direct number for Tom. She gave me a number and I left a message, but he doesn't seem to be in any big hurry to get back to me.
I can just imagine what their response would be if I owed them money and I gave them the old "the check is in the mail" routine. I seriously doubt they would say "That's OK Tree, we understand...we'll keep delivering the magazine anyway."
I'm sure they don't really care, but they won't get me to renew a subscription either until this nonsense is over.
If I ran my business this way, I'd be out of business.

Post by Guest »

Actually Bass Daddy I care a lot about every one of our subscribers. There are many on here that will tell you that I have stepped up and worked with them to do everything I can to make sure their magazine gets to them. I even hand check the magazine list on every printing for about 30 names that have had trouble in the past. I will gladly check for your name as soon as I have it. I have been at the show for many many many hours this week, so I haven't had the chance to get back to the 80 voicemails I have received.

If you will email me at TomL (at) BassWest (dot) com and give me your name and address and I will double check if your magazine was mailed. That is the best I can do since there is no way of tracking US Media Mail.

Thanks,
Tom

Post by Guest »

Bassdaddy - I am responding to your messages out of order... so this is in response to your unacceptable statement.

Let me explain this to you and everyone else the best I can. And this also goes for some of you who are saying the magazine is 2 months late.

#1 All magazines get mailed from the same place on the same day. I just verified that a mag was mailed to Plumbtree with zipcode 95683 along with everyone elses.

Why it didn't arrive the same time as everyone elses is anyones guess. But, I am working on finding the answers to that! They all mail Media mail so they are sporadic on how the Post office handles it.

#2 For those of you who are still under the misconception that the magazine is 2 months behind still.. please understand the dates on the spline of the magazine do not match the dates of the content of the magazine. For Example. This next issue is January/February - and you will get it in February. However, the content of that issue forcasts the fishing styles and techniques for March/April.

If the magazine was 2 months late you would only get a magazine every 4 months. Which would be 3 magazines for the year and you got more than 3 magazines this year right?

For the past 18 months you have received 1 magazine every 2 months... maybe 10 weeks at the most - pretty regular. It's a bi-monthly magazine (meaning every other month)

Feel free to not renew your subscription that is 100% your perrogative! However, you won't find a magazine anywhere that has as much GOOD information and I promise you that won't find a person anywhere that cares more about their magazines subscribers than I do. Most people putting these things together wouldn't even bother to respond to you on this forum. However, I am consistently on here trying to find out how to make the mag better, answer questions and keep you informed on whats going on both for the magazine and for many other topics as well.

For instance this thread. Did I know it was going to turn into a whine fest - absolutely no doubt in my mind it would turn this way! What on this forum doesn't? On the other hand I gathered a lot of valueable data for me to talk with the USPS and our printer about to try an eliminate some of the problems in the future. I know how to make the magazine and work with the writers and the pros to make it happen. I DO NOT know how US Mail works... and that is 100% my point of this thread.

And with this I bid goodbye to WesternBass.com forever. You want to talk to me - my email address is on our website. I am also very easy to find at shows, tournaments and more. I make it a point to talk to anyone and everyone that has a question or just wants to talk fishing!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Seriously?

TomLeogrande wrote:
And with this I bid goodbye to WesternBass.com forever. You want to talk to me - my email address is on our website. I am also very easy to find at shows, tournaments and more. I make it a point to talk to anyone and everyone that has a question or just wants to talk fishing!
I wouldnt know who you were if it wasnt for Westernbass.com. Well Tom we wish you luck on your future endeavors!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

bassdaddy wrote:Just phoned BassWest USA because I STILL have not received the latest issue. The gal told me to wait until JANUARY 18TH AND IF I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ONE BY THEN THEY WILL SEND ME OUT A COPY.

HEY TOM...That's unacceptable.

And I'm not the guy from Idaho.

Tree Plumbtree
MR. Plumbtree, My daughter Chelsea says HI!!!!!!! :P :lol:
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Tom,

January 14 2008 and I never received the lastest issue. I tried to stay out of this long thread but I do miss the mag.

Mark Weichold 31256 member #
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
DL

Post by DL »

Hipster, your words are falling on deaf ears. Tom said goodbye last night so he will never read your message :( That is, if he can actually leave this site never to be heard from again :roll: which, by the way, I seriously doubt...
"Feel the steel"
g-man

Post by g-man »

Tom, I know you said that you would no longer post here, but I'm sure you are still reading here. I hope you will continue to post, never thought I would see you bow down!! Good luck to you.
100% LL
Brian

Re: Bass West USA - Have you received it yet?*NM*

Post by Brian »

Got Mine
Last edited by Brian on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
[color=#0040FF]"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."

-John Wayne[/color]
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Tom...if you're really gone from this site, then you're gone...so be it. But, I'm still not buying that all those mags were shipped on December 20th and they haven't arrived 24 days later. I'm sure it's convenient for you to blame the postal service and you're really good at it, but when I called to ask if someone could mail one out to me because obviously something is wrong...the answer was "no, wait another week and call us back".

That "whine fest" you referred to sounds like you vs. the US mail.

I left my name and address on your voice mail last week and I gave it to the gal I talked to when I called your office. Please send the magazine that I paid for. Simple, reasonable request.
g-man

Post by g-man »

BassDaddy, its pointless to sit here, and talk to Tom. Insulting him when hes not going to post is lame. Pm, or email him.
100% LL
bruizer343

Post by bruizer343 »

bassdaddy wrote:Tom...if you're really gone from this site, then you're gone...so be it. But, I'm still not buying that all those mags were shipped on December 20th and they haven't arrived 24 days later. I'm sure it's convenient for you to blame the postal service and you're really good at it, but when I called to ask if someone could mail one out to me because obviously something is wrong...the answer was "no, wait another week and call us back".

That "whine fest" you referred to sounds like you vs. the US mail.

I left my name and address on your voice mail last week and I gave it to the gal I talked to when I called your office. Please send the magazine that I paid for. Simple, reasonable request.

bassdaddy maybe this is all your problem. maybe you should check and see if your postal carrier bass fishes.
hahaha

Now thats funny..........

BTW bassdaddy, in any event..you missed a great issue, I find myself pacing for a #2 so I can sit and read it some more. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

G'Man...lame?

From the guy who just posted..."Tom, I know you said that you will no longer post here but I'm sure you are still reading here."

You know he's still reading this thread. I've already phoned his office and him personally. This is the only place he has responded.

Not so lame.
g-man

Post by g-man »

All I'm saying is if you got some issues with him just talk to him in private, off the forum.
100% LL
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Tom has been on this sight longer than most. And to get chased off by some a## monkey with 6 posts, All negative and B.S. and no help to anyone. That really sucks.. Bassdaddy why dont you do the gene pool a sevice and go punch yourself in the nuts.. Have a good day.
bassindon69

Re: TOM!!! Please Read!!

Post by bassindon69 »

Hey Tom. I Know you are reading this. Just like I am still reading swimbait nation. How about this.....You keep posting here and I will still post on Swimbait Nation? DEAL?
It does get old to get poked at. Sometimes it just takes a bad day to make you want to just quit. NEVER will everyone be pleased but I guess we cant let the ones, the few that make it taste bad make us go away. That maybe just what they want.
Screw um!! Please send me a PM or lets talk. I think you still have my phone number. There are many that like to hear from you and or friends that like to have fun. You will miss it. Just like I have.
Sure you don't miss the A holes in the world but there is plenty out there. Look at it this way 20 like ya and one does not, The heck with the one that does not that person is NOTHING to you. Don't let them get to you. The guy has only a few posts that says a lot right there. Most of the time it's some new person that will piss you off.

Maybe I am just posting in the wind LOL!! But I try.
DEAL or NO DEAL? :lol:

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

brambo0311 wrote:Tom has been on this sight longer than most. And to get chased off by some a## monkey with 6 posts, All negative and B.S. and no help to anyone. That really sucks.. Bassdaddy why dont you do the gene pool a sevice and go punch yourself in the nuts.. Have a good day.
G-man & Brambo take A CHILL PILL!!!!! Bassdaddy is COOL like COOL AID :P And A GOOD STICK to boot.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I just hate to see tom go. He has helped allot of people out in here, and got run off. But after reading his posts, he was more patient than I would have been. Sorry dude... Cant we all just get along...WHACK... :lol:
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

I never ran anyone off...nor did I intend to. I assumed everyone on this board was full grown.

Tom called and explained that he will try to resolve the problem. That's all I ever wanted. I'll shut up now.
bruizer343

Post by bruizer343 »

bassdaddy wrote:I never ran anyone off...nor did I intend to. I assumed everyone on this board was full grown.

Tom called and explained that he will try to resolve the problem. That's all I ever wanted. I'll shut up now.

promise ?

Post by Guest »

Things Brambo, gman and Bassindon... It's not just this one post. It just seems like I have a target on my back... and that's not good now that I am trying to head things up over here. Anyway - I will debate my exit from this website for the time being... but, I have a few things to note on this topic before I'm done.

#1 Tree Plumbtree left me a message on Friday afternoon. I was at the show. I called Tree back before noon today (the next business day) Is that not acceptable? I left him a very detailed VM.

#2 As for the magazine - they are all mailed Media mail - which has to be pre-sorted and mailed all at the exact same time or they won't mail any of them - at least not for the media mail cost. So I know for 100% fact that his magazine mailed along with everyone elses.

#3 The whole point of this thread is that I do know there are problems - and I am trying to figure out a way around them. There is a simple solution... we charge more for the magazine and we mail them first class mail. I don't want to charge more for the magazine so I am trying to figure out where the problem is. I wish it was a simple as mail them differently but, that isn't the case.

In fact, we switched printers with this issue to a California based printer so the magazine will mail from California rather than Kansas City... Which I thought might make things more consistent.. apparently not! I have over and over shown that I care and that I am doing my best to work out the arrival time problems on the magazine.

#4 We get our magazines in the office later than you get yours - because of the bulk numbers we get (1000's) we get them via Freight which we have to schedule and they get it on the next truck heading our way. So we actually don't even have the magazine other than 3 copies we recieved to proof and/or read whatever in the office. These magazines are due in this week which is why the girls in the office are supposed to put you on a call back list if you have not received your magazine. Once the magazines arrive they call you and if you still haven't received your magazine for whatever reason - then they ship you one. Simple as that.

For those of you in a hurry to get your magazine or want it more consistently... I suggest this. Order another copy of the magazine via phone. All magazines that are more than 1 copy get mailed via UPS and its VERY consistent. That is why the stores get them before the subscribers. make sure the office puts the new order on top of your old order so that you get 2 magazines per issue not 6 more issues added to the length of your subscription. Do I like this solution? NO but, as I said I am very diligently working on the problem and YES I DO GIVE A RATS ***!

Let me explain some more to those of you who don't think it is the US Mail (media mail) problem.
1. All magazine subscriptions including the store bulk orders, the comp magazines to our subscribers and advertisers and more are kept in the same database.
2. All bulk (more than 1) magazine are sent via UPS
3. All single copy versions of the magazine are sent vis USPS
4. Every UPS magazine arrives on schedule - 2 days to nor cal from so-cal - 3 days to Utah, New Mexico, etc. 4 days to the midwest and 5 days to the east coast. I verified most of these myself this issue.
5. The reason for this thread is I can't call every subscriber and find out if its arriving on schedule via USPS... however, if you look through this thread and the thread in so-cal you will see that the arrival dates are very inconsistent. Why? Wish I knew - that is what I am attempting to figure out. It's not easy. I have met with local post office reps 3 times in the last 60 days to try and figure out what the heck we can do differently. You want to know their answer ---- Charge more and mail it first class if you want it to arrive on time.

Now let me break this down for you financially - this is probably more information than I should give up... But, unlike Tree Plumbtree believes I absolutely care and will open up to show you whatever you want to know. I have nothing to hide!

$1.65 to Print each magazine
$.55 to mail each magazine
2.20 x 7 issues = $15.40 per 7 issue subscription

You paid $16 for your subscription which is .60 profit per magazine subscription.

(Note: 2 year and 3 year plans lose money for the magazine)

Thanks to our great advertisers we actually can keep the magazine running and at a near break even point.

[b]So it is fiscally impossible to mail the magazines first class mail with the subscriptions where they are currently. So I am attempting to find another way to get the mailing of the magazine more consistent without losing money or jacking the price up. [/b]

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the emails from those of you supporting both the magazine and myself!
g-man

Post by g-man »

Terry, don't talk to me like that ever again, got it! LOL
100% LL
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Well actually Newspapers dont cost .25cents to create, publish, and distribute. The only reason why they charge a fee is to track circulation, and really this is so that they can charge advertisers the fees according to circulation.

I say this as a case in point, Tom you dont need to come on here and discuss your books, the only that will cause is more of a pizzing contest.

What you may want to focus on is that BassWest now offers Online content to subscribers and that those who are impatient in terms of recieving the magazine have been offered the opportunity to read the content online!!!!

As a case in point InsideLine by Gary Yamamoto (which was also a GREAT magazine) discontinued paper distribution and is now exculsivly offering On-Line Content.

Focus on the positive steps that BassWest has put forth, the rest will come.

Again I wish you the best, and knew you couldnt stay away for long :lol:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Auggie Dog

Post by Auggie Dog »

Tom,

As I sit here popping Tylenol like Pez from reading this thread, :oops: it occured to me that anyone that could go through this "stuff" when they are just trying to make a better product....must have one hell of a product! :shock:

I just went to your website and purchased a two yr subscription in the hopes your mag is as informative as you have been on this site since I signed up a few yrs back. Please don't leave us because of the whine fest. We are not only "men"...but we are also "fishermen" so unlike puppies....we don't stop whining after 6 months....it just keeps going...and going...and going... :wink:

Now I will say that I do know most of you that have participated in this thread but as a fellow nutcase I just want to say....JESUS H. CHRIST! LET IT GO PEOPLE!!! :evil:

I hope Tom can muster up the energy to say he has learned all he can so Tony Or Gator can NUKE this $#^%$%^ and we can all get back to fishing!!! :evil:

Any takers?!?!?!?!? :twisted:

Auggie Dog 8)
Eat, sleep, fish...I love my Skeeter!
Almost as much as my wife!!! :)