Berryessa info

Grant

Berryessa info

Post by Grant »

I usually fish the west side of Berryessa. I have heard of an area called the vinyards which is an old flooded vinyard and of an area holding flooded willows. Both are on the east side but I can not find them on the plastic fishing map (the one with Clear Lake on the other side) we all have. Can anyone help me pinpoint this area on my map?

Thank you in advance,
Grant
Richie Hamilton

Re: Berryessa info

Post by Richie Hamilton »

grant,

as you launch out of putah head east directly accross the lake and you will find what you are looking for. check the small feeder creeks as well as the area south called the "ranch house" The hard bottom areas with cover are what you are looking for. RR
Grant

Post by Grant »

Are the vinyards and the flooded willows the same area or two different ones?
Richie Hamilton

Post by Richie Hamilton »

>grant,

my dad refered to the area as all inclusive, you might want to ask rich thiel or larry Hemphill or Jim munk who know and guide that lake.
Grant

Post by Grant »

thanks for the info
Rich Thiel

Post by Rich Thiel »

Grant,

Look on the Map, and it would be directly across from Berryessa Marina or Rancho Monticello, or you can find Big Island (largiest Island on the Map and is across from the Island dead center. Im not looking at a map, just whats in my head.

I using guide North from their this time of year. Right know the fish are moving in in waves. some days largemouth, someday all smallmouth with spots always among them. This Saturday a 12lb 13oz came out of 5-6ft of water.

Good luck

Rich Thiel

I usually fish the west side of Berryessa. I
> have heard of an area called the vinyards
> which is an old flooded vinyard and of an
> area holding flooded willows. Both are on
> the east side but I can not find them on the
> plastic fishing map (the one with Clear Lake
> on the other side) we all have. Can anyone
> help me pinpoint this area on my map?

> Thank you in advance,
> Grant