Best open water frog??

Paul W

Best open water frog??

Post by Paul W »

I'd like to know what your favorite frogs are for open-water walking?? I've been fishing a Spro Bonzeye Frog Jr. alot the last couple days, but find that it doesnt really walk that easily. Today, my frog got a very small tear in the belly, and now its way tougher to get good action out of it. The River2Sea Bully Wa looks like a good walking bait, with its keeled belly.

Paul W
Jason C.

Re: Best open water frog??

Post by Jason C. »

I like the Snag Proof I have one frog that has been split up the middle. I stiched it back up with briad put super glue over the braid then I put epoxie glue over that and it npw has a "keeled belly" because of it and I think I get more and better action out of it then I have ever gotten!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

I really like the spro frog, it took little more work to get the action down. The Snag Proof "Bobby's Perfect" frog is super easy to walk due to the re-designed legs, but that model and the orig SP frog seems to take on water after a while of fishing. I have not yet tried the River to Sea (heard they sink). I have about 10 spro frogs and have used them all and can say that not one of them had an issue with taking in water - but we are talking about walking the frog - easiest is the Bobby's Perfect.

SPRO is the way to GO!!

:wink:
Long Nguyen

Post by Long Nguyen »

Snag Proof Bobby's Perfect frog. Original and it's the best.
Mick Karshner

Post by Mick Karshner »

Bobbys Perfect Frog walks really good. I had a few sinkers and sent them back to Snag Proof and they replaced them. Good frog, good company!
-Mick Karshner-

MONA VIE
drink it. feel it. share it. MONA VIE

www.monavie.com
www.monavieonthemove.com
www.mickandvick.com
www.brighart.com

"Success will show up when you make a commitment to the journey."
Mike

Post by Mike »

Look for the new colors coming out this spring from Snag Proof. I saw them @ The Bass-O-Thon and they are awesome!!! I cant wait to get my hands on some. They should be @ The ISE shows.
Mike T

Post by Mike T »

I use the Snag Proof and the River2Sea. They both walk great. I don't get anymore bites, but they both work great and I have yet to have any of them sink.
Those fish back there starting to sent up already?
Jrfish

Post by Jrfish »

The bobby's frog and the spro walk well and are durable. I used the river2sea frogs and the bodies get torn up and the paint comes off, also the leg skirts are made with more strands in a lower diameter so they tear off easier and get tangled really bad around the hooks and around the body after a fish catch.
gcopple

Post by gcopple »

i like the barisky (sp) frog for open water action. it is made by deps. they waddle across the water with just a slow retrieve.
George Copple
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

The best frog is one that catches fish...That being said I do a lot of frog fishing and by far Bobby's is the best. Just look at the hook gaps. Most frogs walk well with practice. And depending but sometimes the best technique is just short walks and long pauses. If you think that all frogs are alike your dead wrong. My hook up ratio is huge with the Perfect frog compared to the others. In fact I am still steaming about a 14+ I lost last summer on another frog. Saw the fish take it, waited and set. The fish never caught the weak *** hooks though. I immediately threw it away. One more thing, all frogs leak...Get over it. You may have to squeeze the water out of them a few times. Oh welllll. Good luck.
LL South
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

there is ONLY one brand of frogs i throw, they are the PERFECT ONES!!!......

i have been out there on the river before and berryessa and i have seen more misses on the other brands....i had a day when my fishing partner missed atleast 6 fish and i got 5 in with no misses. i will not mention the names of the other brands because i do not want to stir anything up.

Good luck on your next frog outing,
saLTIE-
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Why do you weight the head?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY