jack morris

boats

Post by jack morris »

looking at boats need help
stratos 201xl or nitro z20 need input on these two. Thanks
monte300

Re: boats

Post by monte300 »

Not sure I'm helping the cause but I've always seen strong similarities between Stratos and Triton boats. Earl Bentz influence?
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Check out http://www.bassboatcentral.com they have the best boat forums on the net. You'll find out the good, the bad, and the ugly on both.
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Mark 1

Post by Mark 1 »

I owned a Stratos 201XL for almost 11 years. Mine had a 250 Yamaha. I can say without a doubt that it was a great boat. I never had one problem with the boat or the motor. As far as performance, I was pleased with all. The ride is great and it is one of the faster boats when propped and driven correctly. Because it is a lighter hull than say a Ranger, it will try to bounce airborne in 3' to 4' water. But it will handle that water if you keep the boat down and not try to overdrive the water. Also, unlike some brands the Stratos 201 had/has a 4 pump aeration system for its' livewell system which was outstanding. When I sold it, it was for only reasons of buying newer.
basshol

Post by basshol »

I own a Stratus for 10 years very true they are very fast boat but they ride like crap all that keep the nose down as is not very true you get and you can get in some water with some chop and they will beat the crap out of you knocked out a couple of my buddies molars in it I bought a z 20 rides like a champ it's a million times wider and rides way better especially in big water