BREAKING NEWS on Fish and Game Meeting Tomorrow!

WB Staff

BREAKING NEWS on Fish and Game Meeting Tomorrow!

Post by WB Staff »

Just Received Message from Kent Brown
The Coalition that filed the petition for changes has formally withdrawn their request. Striper and Black Bass will NOT be discussed at commission meeting. Closed issue... for now.
Attachments
kb1.jpg
Andy Lippert

Re: BREAKING NEWS on Fish and Game Meeting Tomorrow!

Post by Andy Lippert »

What is the name of the coalition who filed the petition and who are the people that are involved in this "coalition". I've signed the petition and all that, but have not to my knowledge seen the above info.

Thank you
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Wasn't the meeting set for Thursday the 25th?
Rich
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html
DDG

Post by DDG »

CATCHEMCARO wrote:Wasn't the meeting set for Thursday the 25th?
Rich
It was set for this coming Thursday the 25th.

To KB And Barrack,
You guys are the ones that kicked *** at raising awareness. It's astonishing how many anglers I've talked to about this issue and saving the delta that always say "they can't do that, there is too many fisherman and money at stake." It's that mentality that has brought us this far! BTW anyone goin bird hunting next month hope you remember to purchase non-lead shot. Only a matter of time before lead tackle is ban, get ready for it California.
-DDG
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

WB Staff wrote:Just Received Message from Kent Brown
The Coalition that filed the petition for changes has formally withdrawn their request. Striper and Black Bass will NOT be discussed at commission meeting. Closed issue... for now.
Great news!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Andy Lippert wrote:What is the name of the coalition who filed the petition and who are the people that are involved in this "coalition". I've signed the petition and all that, but have not to my knowledge seen the above info.

Thank you
This is from a post on the Bass Angler Magazine (BAM) Facebook page:

"The Coalition for Sustainable Delta (CSD), a coalition of powerful interest groups representing business, builders, major water companies and agriculture were also lobbying the California State Legislature just days before withdrawing the petition."

The petition you (we) signed is in response to THEIR petition. Basically, the CSD submitted a petition to lower minimum size requirements and raise bag limits for Striped/Black Bass. They apparently collected enough signatures (and bought off a bunch of politicos) to get the proposal to DFW. We (sportsmen) countered with enough signatures, AND WITHOUT BUYING ANY INFLUENCE, to persuade DFW to remove this item from the meeting agenda.

I have a funny feeling this isn't over yet, not by a long shot. We may have won round one, but it is probably far from being a knockout. The fight is definitely not over

(P.S.) If you go to BAM's FB page there is a link in the article that (I believe) will give some insight as to who CSD is
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
briansII

Post by briansII »

Andy Lippert wrote:What is the name of the coalition who filed the petition and who are the people that are involved in this "coalition". I've signed the petition and all that, but have not to my knowledge seen the above info.

Thank you

This is taken off the DF&W website.

August 24-25, 2016, Fish and Game Commission, Folsom
Please note: The Coalition for Sustainable Delta, California Chamber of Commerce, California Farm Bureau Federation, Kern County Water Agency, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Northern California Water Association, San Joaquin Tributaries Authority, Southern California Water Committee, State Water Contractors, and Western Growers have withdrawn their petition number 2016-011. (Striped and black bass).
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

FYI

https://keepamericafishing.org/proposal ... 16fd43adaa
"Proposal to Eradicate California’s Bass Population Withdrawn

ASA_Logo_LrgPetition pulled just days before California Fish and Wildlife Commission hearing

Alexandria, VA – August 24, 2016 – The American Sportfishing Association (ASA), along with a coalition of leaders in the recreational fishing and boating community, are pleased to announce that striped and black (largemouth and smallmouth) bass, important sportfish species in California, won’t be targeted for eradication as invasive species in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta and its tributaries.

Petition number 2016-011, which called for changes to recreational fishing size and bag limits for these species, was withdrawn by the petitioners who championed the species eradication, before its scheduled review by the California Fish and Wildlife Commission.

The opposing coalition, composed of the American Sportfishing Association, B.A.S.S., California Sportfishing League, Coastal Conservation Association California, Coastside Fishing Club, Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation, Fishing League Worldwide, the National Marine Manufacturers Association and Water4Fish, sent a joint letter opposing the petition.

“Our coalition had science on our side and we were able to show the Fish and Wildlife Commission that all fish need water and this was simply a water grab that sought to make striped bass and largemouth and smallmouth bass the scapegoats for the status of salmon stocks,” said ASA Government Affairs Vice President Scott Gudes.

Representing millions of sportsmen and women nationwide, including tens of thousands in California, the coalition engaged their supporters who sent a clear message to the Commission that this was a water issue, not a fish issue.

“This is a real victory for anglers. But we need to be vigilant. No doubt the agricultural industry that pushed this proposal will be back. Anglers need to stay unified,” concluded Gudes.

The Coalition for Sustainable Delta, California Chamber of Commerce, California Farm Bureau Federation, Kern County Water Agency, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Northern California Water Association, San Joaquin Tributaries Authority, Southern California Water Committee, State Water Contractors and Western Growers were the petitioners."
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Please note: The Coalition for Sustainable Delta, California Chamber of Commerce, California Farm Bureau Federation, Kern County Water Agency, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Northern California Water Association, San Joaquin Tributaries Authority, Southern California Water Committee, State Water Contractors, and Western Growers have withdrawn their petition number 2016-011. (Striped and black bass).
Ask yourself ...... What does the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California care about Bass Limits in the Delta ?

These Whores Want Our Water...... Add to this List:

Diane Feinstein / US Senator
Barbara Boxer / US Senator
Jerry Brown / Governor of California
The sooner these Clowns are out of office, the better for the Delta
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

MichaelB wrote:

Ask yourself ...... What does the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California care about Bass Limits in the Delta ?

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again"

Like the proctologist said, "Different asshole, same old ****".
We need to get private money out of public elections.
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

MichaelB wrote:

whoa, whoa, whoa....DO NOT be fooled into thinking this is a Democrat/Republican issue as it is not...just check the list of Republican Reps supporting the bad guys in this, including Fox's Sean Hannity.... FOLLOW the MONEY! This is all about the $$$$$, not politics! That said, IMPEACH BROWN!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

whoa, whoa, whoa....DO NOT be fooled into thinking this is a Democrat/Republican issue as it is not...just check the list of Republican Reps supporting the bad guys in this, including Fox's Sean Hannity.... FOLLOW the MONEY! This is all about the $$$$$, not politics! That said, IMPEACH BROWN!

Trust me, I know this is not a Democrat-Republican Issue ...... they are all chasing the "special interest dollar"
Right now however since this State is run by Democrats, they happen to be at the forefront:

Governor Brown the champion of the Tunnels, sees $15 billion dollars in money set aside for another boondoggle, the California High Speed Rail now within reach to fund the Tunnels ......
And Senators Fienstein & Boxer pushing legislation on the National level to eradicate Bass and push for measures clearing the way for the Tunnels.

Can not say their replacements will not be just as bad, but one thing is certain, these three have got to go.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Glad I signed all the petitions, and will continue too. This should encourage those of you that don't, thinking they don't work. Well, it's 'one for the Gipper' as they say.

PRAISE THE LORD.

Now I can keep learning how to catch these little green fish, like this one last week up there:

Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
WRB

Post by WRB »

S.1894 was passed, this doesn't stop those folks but it does stop frederal funding and the DFW from inplementing this bill using the current budget. This war is far from over.
If we keep United nationally and statewide we can at least slow the big agri folks down.
Tom
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

I heard where it takes 10 gallons of water to produce just one almond. Millions of almond trees in Fresno area. And most of the almonds are sold TO CHINA!

The guy that owns most of the land is now a billionaire from selling the water back to the state that he got for a low price, year by year! Something stinks about all this.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Otay Michael wrote:I heard where it takes 10 gallons of water to produce just one almond. Millions of almond trees in Fresno area. And most of the almonds are sold TO CHINA!

The guy that owns most of the land is now a billionaire from selling the water back to the state that he got for a low price, year by year! Something stinks about all this.
Exactly!
CLEAN AND DRY