Buyers beware!!!

PopperMaster

Buyers beware!!!

Post by PopperMaster »

I don’t usually call people out but this guy frustrated me so much I feel I had to do something. Last month I noticed a post in here (classified section) for a Lowrance LMS-337c df selling for $275.00. I’ve been wanting a df w/ GPS for quite some time but never had the money to purchase a new one so when I came across this unit selling for $275.00 I thought it was a good deal so I pm the seller, bassspro a.k.a garyfields. We communicated back and forth thru pm and shortly after I made the purchase. To make a long story short this guy promised me I would receive the unit on Sat Jan 21st via USPS which never made it, even til this day. He gave me a phone nbr which I called the week after I was supposed to receive the unit and found it to be a bogus number. I pm and emailed the guy numerous times in an attempt to find out what’s really going on but to no avail. I gave this guy many chances to explain himself, perhaps he mistakenly sent it to the wrong address, but he made no conscious effort to do so which leads me to believe that I got duped. What gets my blood boiling is that I know this guy visited this site several times after I’d pm him re: the status of the unit, but dude just won’t acknowledge…frustrating. I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through what I'm going through, so please beware :evil:
ketchenbass321

Re: Buyers beware!!!

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Track him down by his internet IPO address. Ask the webmaster who designs this site. Should be able to track him down and nail him! I hope you get him too. Some dude ask me to ship some units I'm selling to South Dakota and then he'll send me a money order. Bogus! Never heard from him again either. A lot of desperate people man.
godshippy

Post by godshippy »

how did you pay for the item? if you used paypal then you can file a complaint and go thru the process of getting your money back.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

I feel your pain brother. My son got ripped off last year from a Nick Sanches for $200.00 for a Chronarch SF which we never received. I can't chase this kid down even though he lives in the San Jose area because he is a minor.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
PopperMaster

Post by PopperMaster »

godshippy wrote:how did you pay for the item? if you used paypal then you can file a complaint and go thru the process of getting your money back.
Yes, the payment was made through PayPal and I followed your suggestion by filing a complaint. Paypal acknowledge me that it may take up to 30 days and I may or may not get my money back which totally suck. I just can't get over the fact that I got screwed by some lowlife.
Silver97

Post by Silver97 »

ketchenbass321 wrote:Track him down by his internet IPO address. Ask the webmaster who designs this site. Should be able to track him down and nail him! I hope you get him too. Some dude ask me to ship some units I'm selling to South Dakota and then he'll send me a money order. Bogus! Never heard from him again either. A lot of desperate people man.

Can anyone blame me. I've read many posts like this and Money Orders are easy to get burned on. Just because I'm not in California doesn't make me a scam. If you get paypal "dude" I'd be more than happy to send you the money at least then I'd have some recourse when I get a pair of X65's full of water. Also I never asked you to ship them before I sent money. I negotiated a price, you sent a message about shipping after you received my MO and I never replied....
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Silver97 wrote:
ketchenbass321 wrote:Track him down by his internet IPO address. Ask the webmaster who designs this site. Should be able to track him down and nail him! I hope you get him too. Some dude ask me to ship some units I'm selling to South Dakota and then he'll send me a money order. Bogus! Never heard from him again either. A lot of desperate people man.

Can anyone blame me. I've read many posts like this and Money Orders are easy to get burned on. Just because I'm not in California doesn't make me a scam. If you get paypal "dude" I'd be more than happy to send you the money at least then I'd have some recourse when I get a pair of X65's full of water. Also I never asked you to ship them before I sent money. I negotiated a price, you sent a message about shipping after you received my MO and I never replied....

Hold on there cowboy! If it was you, I would of called you out on it. I've had several in the past years from your state (different area codes). I'm not shy about calling people out. Chilllax!
Silver97

Post by Silver97 »

South Dakota only has one area code....
ketchenbass321

Post by ketchenbass321 »

Dude, chill. Like I said, if I want to call you out on it, I will. I'm not referring to you. Those who know me in here, know that about me. One area code or not, you didn't read my PM's from these bogus knuckle-heads. Again, not referring to you.