Buying used boat in Utah want to know if there will be a problem in California

Kborba

Buying used boat in Utah want to know if there will be a problem in California

Post by Kborba »

I'm thinking about buying a ranger in Utah is anybody know if there is any type of problems I would have with that bringing it to California besides mussell ?
lfg

Re: Buying used boat in Utah want to know if there will be a problem in California

Post by lfg »

It has been my experience that there are no problems. The state of Utah has a bill of sale form(i believe you can get it online ) and the Calif. dmv probably would not question that form. At least they didn't the one I had. Be aware that if you are getting it in the Salt Lake City area that their altitude is about 4000-4500 Ft. and the boat will run different at that altitude. When you get back to Calif. you may have to have the motor serviced to run properly here. So the question is would I drive that distance to get a boat again, Absolutely Not. You figure in your travel expenses (hopefully you have no road mishaps) and you can find some good boats here at a equal cost. Hope that helps
rangerz20

Re: Buying used boat in Utah want to know if there will be a problem in California

Post by rangerz20 »

Bought my old Ranger from Utah. No issues in 2005 other than pay the tax man in California.
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

I've never done this but have thought about it is there any issue if you were to finance it?
fatbass

Post by fatbass »

Make sure it's clean and dry with the plug out. They check at the border
Darrell62

Post by Darrell62 »

Just make sure you have title for trailer and boat I bought mine a few years ago and DMV needed both other than that no problems