So Cal, Bass fishing is a joke

TheBassFisherman

So Cal, Bass fishing is a joke

Post by TheBassFisherman »

I've been reading this forum and what a joke Southern California bass fishing has become. It's a blast to caught all these big bass in Southern California but there is alot of people on this forum that are ripping on other fisherman on what they use for bait and how they fish, etc. The truth is everyone down hear has nothing to brag about because it is very easy to caught a 10, 12, 14LB or larger bass with the bass management thats been going on the last 10+ years and all the lakes are like fishing in a bath tub, there so small. I will agree it's a blast catching them but come on it's a joke when people get on this forum and start to brag and rip on other fisherman about how great they are? THIS IS EASY FISHING. The only big bass fisherman worth a damn is Mike Long because he goes out and kills everyone in tournaments and then goes and catchs a 20lb bass. I'm sure you will all get on this post and talk crap but in all reality it's still going to be a joke on you.
some guy

Re: So Cal, Bass fishing is a joke

Post by some guy »

and by you posting this makes you far superior.. :roll:
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Lets see....1st post on here. Very positive attitude :roll: ......um, I would say you made the jump from that other So/Cal forum/website that always has em bragging about a bucket full of 13" dead stripers.....But! I will say, you are right about Mike Long. Hope to meet him this year at the Bass-a-Thon.

Keep it real man... :wink:
Brian D.

Nice troll.

Post by Brian D. »

Don't bother responding to this douche.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
CharlieS.

Post by CharlieS. »

First off....dont gratify yourself by the name "TheBassFisherman" Second ,where in the heck do you get off by calling others out? Just what have you done ? Had more fish ,than posts here? and third...does your mom know you are online again instead of in school? As far as Mike Long....cmon....there arent any that I know that dont look up to him...Now back to your regular scheduled nonsense...Charlie
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Its soooooooooooooooooooeasy its sick! :roll:
Last edited by littlebailey on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
some guy

Post by some guy »

thats classic...man batter splatter.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

If ur such a big stick why dont you come on down and put your money where your big mouth is heavy hitter!!! Nate
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

The only thing that has ever bothered me about Internet fishing forums is the Haters that come on these sites with no names and no profile and rip on everyone. If you have a point that you believe is valid, MAN UP, SAY YOUR NAME, and GET YOUR POINT ACROSS. If not dont waste the space. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

I think Mr. Grover summed it up right there!
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
drew

Post by drew »

So why is CA responsible for so many successful professional anglers?

Don't feed the Troll. :roll:
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Grover's right again. I couldn't have said it better.

I was also wondering WHAT THE HECK THIS GUY IS TALKING ABOUT?

Might want to proof read your writing before post #2 :wink:
some guy

Post by some guy »

I think its funny as hell...its just a 12 pack induced post by someone frustrated that they dont get to fish for our large gals down here. Anyone that fishes down here knows that these lakes get pounded like no other and to figure them out regularly take time and skill. Anyone with half a brain knows this, apparently this guy is working with less then that so everyone should feel sorry for him.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DanWarme

Post by DanWarme »

I hear ya "TheBassFisherman"
It really has gotten ridiculous at how easy it is to catch big fish here in So Cal. After that WON Bass tournament last month at Casitas; Sunday's weigh in was a joke! Where is the challenge in our sport any more?
Every team in the tournament weighed at least one double digit fish. Last place team only had 28.4 # for the day. What a joke. So the boater only had one arm and his partner was a rabbit. We couldn't believe they even bothered to weigh in. You think they would have had some self respect. I mean, at least the winners had something, being able to cull that 13# and all. Ok now, THAT is doing something at least. But like you said, it's so easy here, none of you probably even heard about the tournament and all. Just isn't newsworthy any more. Maybe we are spoiled.
On a more serious issue, I did hear 2 teams had 8#+ fish jump right into the boat that day. I know Ron C. is a little worried about it from a safety standpoint. I understand there was some discussion about either requiring or handing out catcher's masks, football helmets, or possibly tennis rackets so the angler's would have some protection. It just isn't safe to go on the water any more. Not sure if you've had it happen to you yet or not, but trust me, having a big bass come flying at you and hit you in the jaw hurts. Last one cost me $5000 in dental bills. I think everyone here in the forum has voiced the preference for the Tennis racket, aluminum, Spaulding, tightly strung graphite as being the best solution. But the final decision will be Ron's and I know he will consult with his staff to get the best solution for all concerned. Hey Ron, any word on that yet?

Don't let these other guys on the forum give you any hassles. Stick to your guns Zippy. If anyone gives you any more problems, let me know. You can come over; feel free to use my dictionary or better yet, one of my grammar books. We could spend a few minutes looking up Troll. It will be fun.
I'm more than happy to help you out.
Which way did you come in?
DW

Host Bazz Clazz Videos

http://www.bazzclazz.com

All other things being equal, I'd rather be catchin' than fishin'
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Now that was funny Dan. :lol:
big_gorilla

Post by big_gorilla »

Classic Dan.

I agree with Rick G man up, post your name.

I have a screen name and people know who I am and if they don't all they have to do is ask.

Good look in school! I hope your math is better then your English.
It will help add up your money with your minimum wage job at the local discount store.
First one in the box settles the nerves!
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Hey guys , dont let this clown pull your strings . Let it go so this site does not become the joke he refers to . Please no more responces . Its not worth your time .
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

I guess were all not as good as THEBASSFISHERMAN, SO DON'T FRET, he'll catch a 5lber some day in ??? city/town/state. yeah your right it is easy. I have even caught more than 20 fish over 10lbs on art i fish alls. come on down and hire a local guide and mabe you'll just catch a few yourself. Mabe Mike is available!!!
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

POOP
TheBassFisherman

Thanks Dan,
I'm not saying that everyone is a bad fisherman I'm just saying it's become so easy and there is nothing to brag about anymore, catching 10+ pound bass isn't very impressive anymore. I agree I'm not the best fisherman and probably wouldn't do good on the big tours but I know anyone can catch these So. Cal bass and I've caught tons of 10+ pound bass. Just to let you know my name is Randall and I live two blocks south of Mission Viejo lake and I've caught fish over 10 pounds in 12 different lakes in So.Cal. Yes I've caught alot in Mission but that is not the only lake I fish. I'm going to start fishing tournaments to put some challenge into fishing again because there are good fisherman out hear there just not bragging about there 10+ pound bass.
Sorry for the unroar but it's the truth.
Byron

Post by Byron »

?????? :roll: :roll: :roll: ??????
I don't know about easy 10 pounders. I've fished Casitas nearly 40 weekends a year since around 67' or 68' starting as my fathers little fishing buddy. Back in 72' I caught a 7.5lb Northern which was big in those days, (no trout fed Floridas yet), My dad skinned it and did the mount and it is on the wall at my office after all these years. It might be a curse because I still can't beat it. I can catch 10-20 2lb-3lb fish most any day at casitas but have yet to find the pigs.
Last edited by Byron on Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Well Randall, there's plenty of $ to be made fishing Tournaments in So. Cal. Glad to see you are going to step up. In fact, come on out to DVL, plenty of rummies, including me, for you to take our cheese. 2008 season starts in November. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
EP

Post by EP »

Can you name those 12 lakes so the rest of us can understand what the heck your talking about! I hope they are real lakes that are open to the public. :lol:
WHY LEAVE FISH TO GO FIND FISH?
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Dude, I don't know who you are, your education or where you learned some manners, but you have done a fine job of showing what a low life you are in all of these areas with your 2 posts.

There is no reason to be thanking Dan as he made a fool out of you with his satire!

I just want to be sure you understand this very clearly...this is not a satire, if you know what that even is. When you show up on a board as a new member and slam the very people who you will likely ask for help in short order, you are putting your foot in your mouth...in other words, making an absolute fool of yourself.

Grow up and learn that the world doesn't revolve around you and there are LOTS of people with information to offer.

Scott
scottkh

Post by scottkh »

Calibrate your weight scale before going out again. Show us some pictures.

Randall, what's your last name?

Scott
Scott Hostetler
www.deafbass.org
Lance

Post by Lance »

Randall seems to have a problem with drugs
Friendship is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
CharlieS.

Post by CharlieS. »

Wow! I have found out that some people shake off 10 lbrs rather than set the hook on em. Crap....and all you guys that get a 10 as a kicker!!! Better make that your cull fish baby!! Charlie
Dwayne

Post by Dwayne »

Let the troll go by. :arrow:
Brian Ruthman

Post by Brian Ruthman »

Wow ! Maybe with a little more global warming and the lake levels dropping , maybe up here in Northern California the fishing will get easy and i can land some of those 10,12, 14 pounders that are so easy to catch down there .......LOL ! :lol:
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

Well see if this clown even shows up to any tourneys. He better be on 10 pounders if he's gonna show his big mouth at DV.
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

I think he's refereing to Carp :roll: Yes, we have big Carp in Southern California :?
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Man, I love it when people think they are going to set the tournament world on fire. I shake off 10 pounders because they won't fit well in my live well. One of those things just take too much space!! :roll:
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

No he's just used to fishing private lakes. What a dalebert!!!
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

10 pounders in 12 different lakes! Sorry chris i just found me a new partner!
TheBassFisherman

I will be at the DVL tournament with out a doubt and I don't care if any of you like me or not. I will put a challange on anyone that wants to take me up on it, I will win it for sure and have big fish. $1,000 side bet to anyone that wants to take me up on it and it can be more than one person. I will even meet anyone there anytime they want if they want to fish for $1,000.
Bring it on if you thing your good.
TheBassFisherman

Oh ya it's Randall Cohen and don't forget that name.
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

Wow thats a lot of big talk from a nobody. Big man tryin to sling around his pocket book!!! Just show up to national bass and shut up. The guys down here talk w the rod not the pocket book!!! :P
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
scottkh

Post by scottkh »

MARK INMAN wrote:ok we taking bets ?
I'll put down $100.
Scott Hostetler
www.deafbass.org
DL

Post by DL »

FINALLY!!! Shittalkinganonymousposteregoguy putting his money where his mouth is. Whenever this goes down I will be there! Anyone taking action on the side bet?? this must be the guy with the cage from a couple months ago... :shock: or that other guy with the basstrix story.

I hope you got deep pockets cuz there are a number of guys that will take you up on this!!

PS Where's Hollywood?? :o He never runs from a thread like this...
"Feel the steel"