Cardiff 301 line spool issue...

StockOption

Cardiff 301 line spool issue...

Post by StockOption »

I noticed yesterday that my Cardiff 301 seems to have the line massed more on one side of the spool versus the other side. I have it spooled with 25lb test monofilament and am wondering what could possibly cause this? The reel itself seems to be working perfectly fine, no idea why the line would tend to bunch up and not be distributed evenly across the spool....weird. Before I put all new line on it I figured I'd ask here what to check and what to watch out for...

Thanks.
Kurt
Rod Martin

Re: Cardiff 301 line spool issue...

Post by Rod Martin »

do you always reel from one side, the eyes on a swimbait rod are bigger than normal ,if your rod is bent to the same side it will hold the line to that side and stack up. Also the guide on a 301 is wider than on a smaller reel allowing the line to lay to one side or the other.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I must ask you the same question about reeling to one side frequently. This will cause the line to stack more on one side of the reel. Using heavier mono will not cause the line to stack more to one side on the Cardiff.
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Thanks that sure seems like the cause.

I'll make my son run the line out and wind it back straight to see if it corrects the issue :)

Thanks for the response.
Kurt
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Ah, the joys of parenthood. :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Hehe...for sure Mark :)

This was indeed the problem. Once I had run the line out and reeled in the bait straight the line spooled properly.

Thanks.
Kurt