Clear Lake Currents II

DanIsaac

Clear Lake Currents II

Post by DanIsaac »

Well, another week closer to fall! :? Lake level as of Monday is 0.68 Rumsey. Unfortunately, these winds will definitely have a further adverse effect, along with the triple digit heat!

That’s the down side. The upside? Fishing has actually improved some from a week ago.
BBT had 60+ boats once again and it took 20lbs to make it into the top 10, 18lb to get a check. Winners had 26+ and there were a number of 24’s.

Honestly, this was a little surprising as the Friday night AC event only took 22lbs to win, and the Wednesday night event reported a tough bite as well. I can’t say personally though as I have been boatless now for two weeks, and last week I could not hitch a ride!

So, the plan as of now is to do some night fishing this coming week/weekend so we can provide some more firsthand reports. This past week’s day reports have the reaction/top water bite winning out over most other techniques, still a bite an hour on the jig/swimbait has been producing some better fish, and the punch bite remains good.

As I said a couple weeks ago, and now as July passes and August is nearly upon us, I would definitely be making some plans to get out for a night or two through the coming new and full moon. Seriously, this coming one should be good!

Drive up on a Friday night after work; get a few hours in as starting late is not necessarily a bad thing when night fishing! Then enjoy your Saturday kickin’ it, take a nap in the afternoon have some dinner, and hit em’ good Saturday night. Sleep in Sunday and enjoy the ride home.

For those who have done it, you already know. For those who have not, you’ll be surprised how peaceful and relaxing a night of “moon” fishing can be, not to mention, if the big girls decide to chew, it can be epic!
Attachments
IMG_0244.JPG
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com