Clear lake dropshot?

vinnybass

Clear lake dropshot?

Post by vinnybass »

What line will I need? I'm used to dropshotting 6# down here.
Vince Zombro
Dewayne

Re: Clear lake dropshot?

Post by Dewayne »

8# to 10# works well there. You can go with 6 just for fun though.
Dewayne
Marty

Post by Marty »

Not to hijack your posting – but if your are using fluorocarbon what is the difference between #6 and #20 (besides the pound test) if both are invisible under water? If that is the case why not use #20?
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

I would say use nothing less than 10lbs on the Delta or Clear Lake. 10lbs is still alittle bit on the light side so Id say something more like 12-14lb test. Be sure to bring some Brown and Purple JIG!!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Dewayne

Re: Marty

Post by Dewayne »

Fish do not only see, but they feel throught their lateral line. Low visibility only helps with their sense of sight. The thicker the diameter the more vibration the line will put out and the more it will confuse the fish, hamper their sense of position on the bait, or hamper the baits movement. Either way, even with florocarbon you should use the smallest diameter possible IMHO.
Dewayne
Marty

Re:Dewayne and Bassbones

Post by Marty »

Dewayne – Thanks for the inside information. I’m currently using Seaguar 100% fluorocarbon in 12 lb test for the Delta and 6 lb test for clear water lakes. I would use 12 lb for Clear Lake.

Bassbones you have a pm coming to you.
Dewayne

Re: If it works for you stick with that 25# test

Post by Dewayne »

I have caught them on DS with 50# braid too, but I usually DS when the bite is tough. Lighter line tends to get you more and bigger bites even on the Delta and Clear Lake. Since I generally tournament fish and frequently have to catch heavily pressured fish I go light. Besides, there is nothing like the fun of working an 8# fish out of heavy cover on 8# test.

It would thrill me like nothing else to have the guys I am competing against DS with 15-25# test. $$$$$$$$ :)
Dewayne