Clear Lake this week...3/2/2015

DanIsaac

Clear Lake this week...3/2/2015

Post by DanIsaac »

Wholly COW! March already? Yep, and with each day, and each set of changing conditions, so goes the bite here.

Last week we started off with nice weather, and it gradually declined through the weekend, as did the bite in most cases. Looking at the weights from the LCCC Tourney this past weekend though and you’d be hard pressed to call it tough. Still, had that tournament experienced the weather we had early in the week, I’m not sure 70 lbs. would have been enough.

This week the forecast is for improving, warmer temperatures, almost the opposite of last week. It has started out cool, but is expected to warm into the mid 70’s by this weekend, so I expect the bite will pick right back up.

How about that, 48 lbs. for the top ten or so, and I’m looking for the bite to improve? Definitely, more for overall bite, not so much for the quality. The fish we were catching definitely pulled back. I’m not sure if it was the boat pressure or the cooler temperatures (probably a bit of both) but they did become tougher to find, and stay on.

Today we had surface temps of 52-57 degrees, and while the bite was tough for the most part, and even though I had a fuel rail go out on the big motor, it was still nice to get out. We had to move around a lot as the bite for us was one here and one there. To be honest, tough for the most part.

Moving forward, FPT is here this week for their TOC, then the following weekend BBT
is here for their Spring visit. Spring has sprung fellas. Break out the big sticks and get after them, or should I say let the sword fights begin!...;)

Lake level is 4.52 Rumsey, and all ramps are open.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com