Clear Lake this week 10/16/2016

DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Lake level at this time is 1.29 Rumsey, and yes, we have had some pretty significant rainfall here over the past two days.

First of all, congratulations need to go out to the WNS crew which managed to raise 8k dollars for the Clayton Fire victims last weekend. That raffle was something else, and from what I could see everyone had a great time. Thank you to all who showed up to support the cause.

Fall has indeed arrived, deer season is in full swing around northern California and the western states, and our duck season begins this coming weekend. Thus, one should exercise caution while fishing in and around the northeast corner (Rodman) and the areas from Adobe Creek down to the State Park. Trust me, steel shot can wreak havoc on fiberglass, even if it is by accident.

This past week had me down at Shimano for specialty training, a tour of the enlarged warehouse facility, and a look at a couple of new goodies. Wait till you see some of the stuff coming in 2017.

So, as a result I have had to rely on my sources for this week’s report and from the sound of it, traditional fall patterns are now in full swing around the lake. Swimbaits, crankbaits, vibration baits, a-rigs, jigs, drop-shots, etc etc etc are all catching fish. The average continues to run 1-3 lbs, with fish in the 3-5 lb range for those who persist with both ends of the lake continuing to produce equally. This past week has had anglers at the mercy of the wind, high winds have been playing a large part in where anglers have been choosing to fish.

This coming week the key will be the weather forecast with improving weather mid-week on, so the winds will need to pass, and a day or so of calm should really help the bite bounce back from post front conditions.

Can anyone say STRIPERS? I'm definitely tempted to make the trip down. Good Luck!
and this is about 1/5 th of 1/5 th.
and this is about 1/5 th of 1/5 th.
really, really big warehouse!
really, really big warehouse!
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com