Fishing Clear lake this week 11/13/2016

DanIsaac

Fishing Clear lake this week 11/13/2016

Post by DanIsaac »

Clear lake this week 11/13/2016

Water level/temps: Surface temps are 58-62 degrees and the Rumsey gage has the lake level at 1.65, which is nearly 3 feet higher than two years ago at this time.

What’s the word? Fog, fog, and more fog. Fish, fish, and more fish! That’s correct,
We’ve had a number of really bad fog days this past week, and even lost the light on the
shoal marker out in front of Rattlesnake, Seems the pole took a direct hit from a night fisherman in the fog, knocking the light right off the pole.

Suggestions: launch where you want to fish so if the fog or winds set in you’ll at least be able to do so. Several mornings this week the lake was either totally fogged in or at least partially so until mid to late morning.

Fishing: the fishing remains fairly good when you find em’. Whether you are cranking, swimbaiting, or bottom contact fishing, when you find them there will be multiples. Shallow rock, docks, and rock piles are all kicking out fish.

Areas: right now it seems that the entire lake has fish going in one part or another of each
area. I found fish north, south, east and west this past week.

Baits: LV500s, Tn70s, Trashfish, and jigs were the offerings I found success with around the lake. Can you catch em’ on a deep crank? Absolutely, I just found them shallow and decided to stay there. Dropshots, and shakeyheads are also putting some good fish in boats as well.

Crappie: They seem to be everywhere right now and the bite is quite good for fish in the 1-3 pound range

Forecast: Temperatures are forecast to decrease this week with clouds and rain on and off throughout the week, on and off. I would not let that stop me if you really want a shot at a fatty. This can be some of the best fishing weather one can ask for, just be wise if the winds come up.
IMG_20161111_202003.jpg
20160229_155550-1.jpeg
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com