Clearlake help!!

wolfe

Clearlake help!!

Post by wolfe »

headed to CLearlake for the long weekend to battle the wind and hopefully catch a few fish.

hows the bite been?
any suggestions on what and where to fish?

will be staying in the Keys.

thanks for the help.
Jerry Tilton

Re: Clearlake help!!

Post by Jerry Tilton »

Just drop the trolling motor and throw a white or black frog and have some fun. You will be away from the jet skies etc. and that bite is pretty good. You may have to cover some water, but when you find one there are many more.
it only takes one more cast
Jerry Tilton

Post by Jerry Tilton »

Just drop the trolling motor and throw a white or black frog and have some fun. You will be away from the jet skies etc. and that bite is pretty good. You may have to cover some water, but when you find one there are many more.
it only takes one more cast
Randy Yeager

Post by Randy Yeager »

Still getting bit on frogs, white or black with yellow bottom, early only. Also wacky 5" senco's pitched between shore and first weeds, need rocks on shore, watermelons or green pumpkin. Best bite is in the early morning till around 9:am then switch to draggin a lizard, cast to shore and drag out to 15 to 20' or find a depth and rocks in or around 15', same colors.
Randy Yeager

Post by Randy Yeager »

Bones, Crackin you up?, I've been getting fish up close to eight pounds on the baits I mentioned. I'm gonna get my map out tonight and call ya from home for some better stuff, is that OK.