copying files to SD card

Moderator: Ken Sauret

mr gadget2

copying files to SD card

Post by mr gadget2 »

tried to copy side scan files & screen shot images to my SD card, using copy all option to view files on my pc, but my pc said the card was empty, repeated the process 3-4 times, same thing! copied screen shots individually and that worked but the side scan files still will not show on pc,. All the files will open on lowrance unit to view them, but not the pc. So the SD card does contain files. I've had no problem before, until recently. why is the SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION folder on SD card, don't remember that being there before.?
Edd

Re: copying files to SD card

Post by Edd »

Are you talking about StructureScan Down Imaging logs?
mr gadget2

Post by mr gadget2 »

Yes, structurescan sonar logs ( sl2. )
Edd

Post by Edd »

You likely don't have much of a file to d/l since the internal memory of the HDS is very small. You should record sonar logs DIRECTLY to your SD card. Try uploading the file with the FREE Insight Genesis upload tool to the IG site.
mr gadget2

Post by mr gadget2 »

I usually do the direct to SD card save, but there was that one day that I didn't and it is those files that I am having trouble with. maybe I had some small glitch in the system, anyway I did as you said on the last outing, and all was good, It was just the fact I had some good structure scans I wanted to save, No big deal, I'll just scan it over another day. thanks for the help, and info.