Crankbait help

bubba

Crankbait help

Post by bubba »

OK Guys need some advice on crankbaits.

There are so many baits on the market when do you choose between the differnt types.

I don't mean different depths, that part I get. What I'm asking is there are fat and thin crankbaits and those that have a wide wobble and those that have a tight wiggle. Under what conditions do you choose a fat wide wobbler vs. a flat sided tight wiggler or some other combination? Thanks for any responses.
Riplip

Re: Crankbait help

Post by Riplip »

Hey Bubba..My opinon is to try a few baits of each style, learn how they feel...how they deflect off cover or rocks, how they behave at different speeds...You will quickly develop favorites for different situations.

Hey CJ...I've seen you fish...It's amazing you catch anything at all.

Rip
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I am not sure what you are specifically asking.

I throw the wider / more action baits during warmer months and the tighter wiggle baits during colder months.

My "Go To" bait is the Norman DN 14.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Riplip

Post by Riplip »

Well, after seeing that 4lb frog fish come outa ninety feet of water in 103 degree heat to slam your bait, I tried imitating what you were doing...( I don't even own a fly rod though) :roll:
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
Kevin Evans - Kap

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

since you are trying to convince a bass your crankbait is an appetizing meal which should not be passed up, size is very important. In the late spring and early summer I prefer to use smaller crankbaits. Why? Because at that time of the season a lot of newly hatched fry and other small forage abound. Too large a bait will look out of place and unnatural. Logically, as the season moves towards fall and into winter I gradually increase the size of my bait to keep pace with the naturally available forage which has grown and matured.

Water clarity also affects what size bait to use. In muddy or off color water, I prefer fatter plastic baits with built in sound chambers since their side-to-side wobble displaces more water and creates more vibration and noise, thereby making them easier for a bass to locate. Remember, in dingy water bass rely more on their lateral lines (hearing) than their sight to locate food. Clear water is just the opposite since bass tend to rely primarily on their sight to acquire food. Also, in clear water, fast-moving baits in natural colors tend to be more productive than do bright colors.

Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...
g-man

Post by g-man »

riplid, and bass bones. you guys are killing me. i was having a bad day at work till i read you guys going at it. LMAO. :lol: :lol: