Crappie or bluegill fishing at Clear lake

bubba

Crappie or bluegill fishing at Clear lake

Post by bubba »

Hey anyone out there that can sugget some spots for crappier or bluegill fishing at Clear lake? I'm taking my kids up there in two weeks for a camping and fishing trip. I'm familiar with the Lake but have only fished for bass. I hear that there is a killer crappie and bluegill bite which would be great for the kids since they are too young (short attention span) to tackle bass fishin yet. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/recommendations. :?:
CZ

Re: Crappie or bluegill fishing at Clear lake

Post by CZ »

If you are on the water and around some cover you will be just fine. I was fishing down south last weekend and caught sunfish and crappie all day on worms and cranks/ ripbaits, if you soaked little meal worms or small minnows you and the kids will slay them all day long.
Bassterbaiter

Re: Crappie or bluegill fishing at Clear lake

Post by Bassterbaiter »

The docks along Jones Bay hold a number of crappie this time of year..a white miny jig works well..but im sure a number of lures would work..Bluegills are just about every were..I caught three or four of them on Bass lures yesterday..just take a peak in the tules and youll see some more than likely
Live and let live