Cut and fish????????

bassrippin365

Cut and fish????????

Post by bassrippin365 »

Just curious as to what people think about cutting in front of somebody and starting to fish.how many yards?how many feet?Whether tournament or fun fishing,i think respect,courtesy, and sportsmanship should apply.unfortanetly that is not the case.So on this poll I ask the question.How far is far enough?
Brian

Re: Cut and fish????????

Post by Brian »

That is a hard question. If I'am fun fishing I dont care too much as long as it is within reason. In a tourney if I see someone fishing a small cove in a lake or say a long tule burm in the delta, I wouldnt even consider fishing either. I would hope someone would give me the same courtesy. Each situation could be differnt. If someone is fishing a hazard or rock pile in say Folsom and they are not getting off of it. Then I think it would be ok to fish a hazard or rock pile near (Beyond the 50 yard rule) the one they are fishing. Folsom is a good example of this situation.
Lance

Post by Lance »

My school of thought, if the guy you want to cut in front of were to hit a golf ball with a driver off the front of his boat and reach your boat......your to close.

Play it safe, they were there first you can come back later
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

KOA i agree with you 100%.What i'm really trying to get at by creating this post is to let people know that it is not ok to cut right in front of somebody and start fishing.Who knows maybe it will help people who didn't honestly know realize the err of their ways.
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

my theory on this is simple.....if it was them cutting you off would you be pissed?If so then your too close! Tighties boys!
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

Easy answer.

If you FEEL like you might be enchroaching or cutting in front don't.

Forget exact yards, just treat people like you would hope to be treated.

Another easy thing, ASK! Say hi and ask if they mind you fishing the next bunch of tules or what ever.

Granted they don't own it, and you don't have to yield the whole slough, or river arm in a lake.

Food for thought,

A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

my theory on this is simple.....if it was them cutting you off would you be pissed?If so then your too close! Tighties boys!
lippy

Post by lippy »

Now come on bassrippin365

Dont tell me your cutting people off,How many times have i threw a baby fit in the back of your boat and cursing at the guy that has cut us off. LOL.Or looking for a 1ounce weight to throw at a guy that has threw a glass flower pot at us at clear lake and shatters right in front of our heads.Or the guy that had his boat motor darn near at your trolling motor only if i could have jumped into his boat.LOL

I know what your saying,With bass fishing becoming more and more popular people just get boats and start fishing and not learning the curtious rules first.
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Just buy one of those boat wraps, wear a tournament shirt, and frost your hair and wear a visor. You'll look just like the big boys and can do what ever you want, after all you have big $$ on the line and the other guy is just out for fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The post from Andy is right on, if you feel you are cutting him off, them you probably are. I like to picture myself in those guys shoes and picture how far I could fish in 20-30 min. I pick that spot to start; where those guys will be in 20min. Also, it is different scenero on a lake vs the Delta
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
lionkiller

Post by lionkiller »

Bigshot or birdshot, show the other fella some respect. & if he doesn't show you the same, well, you're the better man.

'Bones is right. Choose your battles wisely. Maybe the guy cutting in was salmon fishing below Nimbus last week...where three feet away IS respect...
It's just a beating.....till you fight back.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Thats funny you ask that question Gator. I just had this happen to me this past weekend while fishing my club TOC in the Delta. I was cut off by Cooch. I was fishing a stretch and Cooch pulled right in front of me and started fishing. no more then 10 yards in front of my boat. We had a little small talk and he continued to fish in front of me (topwater spot) for approx. ten minutes when I decided to leave. I can understand that he was fishing a pro tournament and I was only fishing a club TOC. I didn't take it personal. I just left and came back about 45 minutes later. Fortunately, when I returned. I caught a 6.9 lb kicker that helped me win my TOC(24.25 lbs first day weight). I don't blame Cooch since he is fishing for prize money and points. But I still think that there should be some kind of edicate and respect for people fishing an area.
Cooch

185vsFrog, so let me ask you this..........

Post by Cooch »

If I pulled up and cut you off as you said, and we struck up a conversation like you said, (which is something I always do), why was it that none of this was brought up while we were face to face on the water? Also let's make it known I was fishing with Tony Stoltz on Saturday(two of the easiest bass fishermen on the planet to talk too!) who I'm sure will verify my story here and now, that we were in Franks tract with 80 other boats and 45 tubers all day. There were boats everywhere crossing paths. You know as well as anyone on this Forum, had you mentioned to me, that you wanted to fish a given area, were fishing your club's TOC, asked me to leave, or even gave me an inkling ya felt I cut you off right then and there, I would have left.

My appologies for ya fealing the way ya do about what happened. Tony is the first one to tell me if'n we're too close to anyone. I feel proper ettiquette was followed. I didn't feel I cut ya off, you say ya feel I did, we spoke, you said nothing, we both went merrily along our way fishing. You win yer club tournament. Now yer gonna bring it up like this on the Forum? That's one way ta git respect, ya think?
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Well, first of all most that have done that to me tourney or fun fishing never say a thing, they just do it. If they jump in front of you at the legal limit in a tourney, then I have to say that's just competition if that bothers you then you should not be out there. If there is no limit like in 100% then there is no limit period. If they are breaking a limit rule DQ them or try to. It seems most of the time nothing happens in this situation anyway but they may think twice about doing it to you again.
If a guy cuts you off or is fishing a spot for fun and you are in a tourney, does that give you the right to tell them that they can't have fun there because you are in a tourney? Come on now..... But if approached in the right way it may work out for everyone.
I don't like going up on anyone but when I think I found some fish and if another boat is there before me and I am fun fishing and they are too, I may ask to fish also. That's how you find out who the nice guys are and find out who the Butt heads are. The other day when I was fishing I had two guys and a kid come right in on us. They said nothing but nor was I (they had a young kid) One guy caught one and lost it. I said "Boooooo you can't stay if you can't get them in." We all laugh had some short talk and enjoyed the rest of the day with no problems fishing side by side. I take them all one at a time. It does bug me when anyone who thinks they are a big name or think they own the place, because they are no better then you or me. We all have the same right to be there. I try to set a good tone it works out better that way. Besides when they get that close, you know who they are and if it all goes in a friendly way then you may get to repay the favor back to them one day. LOL!
I think if at any time someone started fighting at our ages because of fishing then you need to take up another sport.
Even if you made it world wide known that you should respect where others are fishing you would still be cut off LOL!
The Ugly truth about it is .. there is Money & egos in a time limit involved. That can bring out the ugly in people.

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
Jim Conlow Sr.

*NM*

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

*NM*
StockOption

Post by StockOption »

Just like driving on the highway in rush hour traffic I've learned to relax about things like this. Life is far too short for me to get upset and lose my cool due to some other inconsiderate fool's actions. When I do get cut-off (absolutely -no respect- when you fish from a pontoon) I take it as a hint to search out a new spot or try a new technique somewheres else on the lake.

I just wish I could maintain this calm disposition when the cabin cruiser at WOT throttle buzzes by me less than 30 yards away :( :(
g-man

Post by g-man »

if you can cast, and hit there boat your to close.
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

Unless I'm fishing a crowded area (like the inside of Mildred in the spring), I try not to cut in ahead of a fisherman. If someone is fishing water I want to fish I'll either pull in a reasonable distance behind them or come back to the spot later.
mjr

Post by mjr »

i believe in first come first serve when it comes to fishing no matter who you are. i tend to stay as far away as humanly possible, but what do you do when you are fishing the tules in one direction and another boat is fishing up the other way? who has the right of way then?
Bill kizer

Post by Bill kizer »

I say howdy and ask how they did, reverse direction if the fishing was good, or ask if they'd like to pass on the left or right side.

Usually I just leave after I pass the bull about the 15 pounder I just landed of lost :wink: .

One thing I've learned about bass fisherman, the vast majority are gentleman and are out for a good time. The others are dip shits and can never be pleased. I might add, I've only come across a very few of the latter.

Bill
Just call me Tule bender
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

I'll usually pull out and around someone fishing in the opposite direction...Unless they beat me to it...
185vsfrog

Re: 185vsFrog, so let me ask you this..........

Post by 185vsfrog »

Cooch, I did not mean any disrespect to you. I just mentioned what happened to me that day. You were right that there were approx. 80 float tubes, and at least 5 or 6 different club tourneys along with the national bass west. There were a ton of boats in Franks that day and thats why I didn't mention anything at the time and I conceeded the spot to you and left (to return at a later time). If you thought that I should have mentioned it to you on the water, then maybe I should have (If that would have earned me more respect). But for me to think that you would have not read this on the Forum (being a moderator) is foolish. I don't know what the difference is. Either way it happened and its not a big deal. I had a great tournament and won my TOC.
sdisturber

Post by sdisturber »

if you wanna cause me to be focused just cut me off .i love catchin fish after fish behind someone either fishing a little deeper or a little slower.and every fish i catch i make sure the guilty party hears me or sees me.most will either leave or start lookin my way talkin to their partner and lose focus or start huntin in the locker for my" secret bait."then you got em its sort of like before a tournament and the wind is howlin and its pouring rain all you do is listen and watch at checkin you will see some but not all losing focus because of the weather.uncle nish taught me this in the late 80's and it is still true till this day.
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

Bassindon is right-I dont fish tournaments and just because you are sportsmanship is sportsmanship! If your fishing for a million dollars and I am on your hole then your more than welcome to explain the situation and politly A S K me if you could cut me off or for that matter fish where I am but if I wanna be a prick and say no then there is no way you could be pissed or whatever-shoulda got there earlier! Early bird gets the worm kinda thing. I dont fish tournaments and one of the main reasons is that I am working all the time therefore what little time I do get on the water is very precious to me-I cant understand why SOME tournament fishermen insist they are more important. I realize when this happens its just a bad apple but man that would really piss me off!
Cooch

185vsFrog, here's my issue..........

Post by Cooch »

"Cooch pulled right in front of me and started fishing. no more then 10 yards in front of my boat."
This is an exageration. I can name all four instances where I pulled up and/or crossed paths with another boater on Saturday. I won't bother with the boaters who moved in on me, quite honestly, in that situation, I don't care, it's really very common these days and is no big sweat off my back when someone does it.

First light after blast off, Tony and I pull up on the south tulle point at Franks & Sandmound. A boat is over at the sunken boat, heading south towards the beach. I pull up on the point and fish it the opposite direction, 50 yards away. No conversation, to far apart. Can't imagine any complaints here.

Instance #2 we're heading into Piper to fish the openings and points at Lil Franks, there was a boat back along the deep ledge and tulles at the point to the south, 75-100 yards away. We fished the specific openings and left, as much as we wanted to fish that same wall, we didn't. No conversation, too far apart. This might have bothered someone, but if they knew the area and the point to which the tide was at, they would have been where I went, not along that deep wall.

We then run into Taylor before the 5 mph, we fish the west wall in the bend, then cross over to hit the point on the east side as I saw some feeding activity right on the point. There was a boat on that wall, but it was over 100 yards away when I trolled over. There was also another boat behind them at the 5 mph point before the docks, equal distance from my view point. We did cross paths eventually in the middle somewhere. They were fishing topwater, we were fishing the outside with a jig. Small conversation as we crossed, neither of us catchin' fish.

And last was on our way back, at the opening of Piper and Franks in that south/east corner, there was a boat fishing the tulle line and ledge. As we idled up past all the docks, I saw they were purty much anchored on that spot and tossing way back into the tulles. Tony and I pulled 50 yards or more ahead of them and pulled up on the little island in the middle. We did not touch the inside of the levee point they were fishing, but circled the little island. We were fishing the jigs deep, completely different pattern. That boat then put it in high gear to fish the inside of that wall at the point, which we did not touch. Small conversation as we cross paths, just catchin small fish. Tony and I chuckle as they switch from tossing into the tulles to fishing the outsdie edge like we were, they follow the weedline of that tulle point up into Franks fer another 70 yards. We never cut their path off.

Never, at any point did I pull within 10 yards of another angler's boat and start fishing. And that my friend is what I'm taking acception to being blamed for. There's two sides to every story, since you chose to blame me in a public Forum, I'm just simply giving the readers my side to hear as well. Nobody likes to be accused publicly of something when they feel they played it fairly.

Congrats on the win, that was some great fishin' this weekend!
basstamer

You are correct Cooch

Post by basstamer »

This is a S@&%%Y place to call someone out! Seems to be happening alot lately-worse part about is that ANYONE who can post a crudy message can PM the person instead and at least TRY to settle it in private. Worse part about it is not only are you a moderator on here but you earn a part of your living in the fishing industry as a guide so this is a double dog whammy-trying to defame you on here would be like trying to convince us Mr Dee is a bad guy-we got your back bro! Tight Lines MR COOCH!
buzzfish

Post by buzzfish »

I am really glad to see this post. I wanted to post the same question a couple of weeks ago.

I fish out of a kickboat and while I was not at our club tournament last weekend I was out on the water the weekend before with my brother fun fishing.

We had launched at Beacon Harbor and fished the channel between BH and Franks Tract and decided to go out into Frank's. The currrent was coming into the point pretty hard making it slow going but my brother had already kicked through it and was about 20 yards from the point inside of Franks. I was just about to the end of the point when some guy in a bass boat fishing a tournament pulls in front of me and cast to the tules. His bait hit the water about ten feet from my boat and it was a pretty short cast. The same guy then proceeded to fish towards my brother and pretty much between and around us. We didn't think this was too cool but since we were fun fishing we didn't say anything.

This kind of thing really chaps my hide though. It is my choice to fish from a kickboat but it is a lot of work to go against current and/or wind using only muscle power. It is really frustrating to get through the current only to have some bozo pull up on you. I try to show respect for others and sure would appreciate some of the same.

We also "ran into" Cooch. We were fishing tules in oposite directions so we were fishing towards each other. He was fishing with what looked like a couple of clients. Anyway when he started to get close he stopped fishing, we had a quick friendly chat, he went around us, and then started fishing again. I never felt he had given us anything but space and respect unlike a couple of others.
g-man

Post by g-man »

it comes down to this. if you wanna fish a spot and someone is on it, just ask. if they are cool about it then fish, if not go some where else. as far as having a problem with someone cutting you off, or being to close, just say something right then. it does not help to complain about it later. bashing someones rep on a public forum is only going to get you grief from everyone else. if you got a problem speak up then be a man about it. i know that if i got an issue i address it then. i am not one to be shy about it. i tell it how it is.
FIVEBAGS

Post by FIVEBAGS »

I think that cutting in front of a guy while fun fishing 100 yards is reasonable, while in a tournament though if you want to fish a point or a rock, and the rule is 25 yards, and a guy is 100 yards down the bank working in the direction of the point, all bets are off and you should be able to pull in and fish the spot within the rules, and if the other guy gets pissed, tough, if you snooze you lose, and if the best spot on a bank is one particular point, tree, or rock pile, if you want to fish there, you should start there, or within 25 yards do not expect someone to give you the whole bank because you decided to work toward the prime spot. I think most guys who really struggle with this are not really confident in thier own ability to catch fish behind someone, and when a guy pulls in ahead of them they are mentally done! I throw a-lot of swimbaits, ok thats all I throw, and with the swimbait craze over the last year, I can not tell you how many times I have had to wait in line for a point, but moved in behind guys and caught large fish, you just have to be confident that you are doing something different than the guy in front of you. If you struggle with this, go to the lake while practicing and pull in 200 yards behind guys and fish used water, you will be surprised at what you will catch, just be sure to not pull in and do the same thing as the guy in front of you, think outside the box and show the fish something different, this will make you a more confident and better fisherman, anyone can catch the easy ones! :wink:
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

I you guys are unhappy with people cutting you off, please enter a tournament in S. California. These guys will fish right next to you. We have only begun to see this up here. Clear Lake is the worst for this. Go fish one of their tournaments, come back and see how great it still is here.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

There is another side to this question, and it involves fishing in traffic.

Many key areas are well known by tournament anglers. During a tough bite, or when big fish are using a particular area many people will plan on fishing there. And they know the other anglers will be there as well. More boats can shut the bite off, but the really good guys can fish in traffic and still have control over the area. It doesn't sweat them a bit, and the other anglers being there is all part of the game.

Personally, I think its fun to fish with another boat right there. It makes the competition that much more fun to me. And I welcome my buddies to come right over and fish against me. If somebody swings right in, I am gonna really try to show them up if I can. :D

But I can understand, how many anglers would get upset over it as well.

A few years back, I was fishing with this draw partner in a club event. The plan was to crank all the way down the bank at a fast pace. We came across his Dad with two other guys in the same event. They were worming fishing slow. I overtook them said hi, shot the breeze, and kept on going. We passed them, and kept fishing. I did not think much about it at all, but the dad was pissed the rest of the day. (Heard it through the grapevine.) I learned a bit that day, I did not think it was that big of a deal, but it was.

.02 A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
Cooch

Hey Buzzer, I can really........

Post by Cooch »

appreciate where yer comin from man. It's really tough for all when such a large tube event is staged out of Bethel Island on a big summer weekend like that. 3 club TOC's, a National Bass West, we had the Pro-Teen on Sunday and all it's prefishing pros and we had that Fireman's event that went Monday and Tuesday, and they were all pre-fishin too. Needless ta sya, there were a ton of bass boats in Frank's Tract that weekend. More than a typical spring weekend before a BASS or FLW event.

I personally, thought it was kind of strange that a big tube event was scheduled that same weekend. It sure puts you guys in a precarious, if not often dangerous position. The C.O.Pro-Teen alone, should have been a big red flag when they planned the Tube event. Sometimes it is so hard to see you guys out there, especially when yer tucked up in the tulles on a point. This I will admit too, a couple of times I came running up on openings in the Tract and shut down, only to see my wake shoving a tuber deeper into the tulles. We certainly need to be courteous, safe, and all git along out there. We should have as much of an equal respect for one another. We're all just brothers of the same mold chasin bass. If I didn't say it then, to anyone in a tube that I might have came up on like that, please accept my appologies now if'n my wake washed you up this past weekend! It certainly was not intentional, nor was I being neglagent, you guys just kept popping up in places where ya was least expected.

And with that, I would ask that the promoters of the tubing events to take a little closer look at what's happening in and around these big events they want to hold on the Delta out at Beacon. It's not like ClearLake where guys tote their botes to where ever, or hang around the Keys or the State Park. A big event like that out of Beacon at that time of year, puts those tubers at risk. It also exposes all of us to exactly what Buzzer expressed, the potential for conflicts, animosity between the two groups become greater.
buzzfish

Re: Hey Buzzer, I can really........

Post by buzzfish »

Hi Cooch,

That is a good suggetion; I'll ask the guys that do the scheduling about it. One of the things that complicates our schedule is that we have four regions and the guys try to schedule so that tournaments don't overlap. Some of us fish multiple regions. That and it seems like there are always tournaments going on at or around Franks Tract. I think we had 30 or less people fishing last weekend but unfortunately I was not one of them.

How far in advance are things like the pro-teen tournament scheduled? We usually have our schedule set and up on our web site before the beginning of each year.

The point about visibility is also a good one. I at least am used to big wakes pushing me around but I sure wouldn't want to get run over. Maybe if I/we used an orange flag on a whip syle post (the kind that some bicyclists use) people could see us better. I'll post on our forum about it.

Thank you,

Buzzfish
Tobe

Re: Whats got into Cooch?*NM*

Post by Tobe »

*NM*
Last edited by Tobe on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dobynsrods.com
oasiswatersport.com
pepperjigs.com
clearlaketackle.com
laserlures.com
Cooch

Re: Whats got into Cooch?

Post by Cooch »

Tobe, I followed Sieg's advice and thoughts, turns out, she really was try'n ta pick up on me! Turns out,one hell of a 60 year old woman and has this young whipper snapper in a tail spin!!!! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Tobe

Re: Whats got into Cooch?*NM*

Post by Tobe »

*NM*
Last edited by Tobe on Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dobynsrods.com
oasiswatersport.com
pepperjigs.com
clearlaketackle.com
laserlures.com
Cooch

Re: Whats got into Cooch?

Post by Cooch »

Afraid not, Theil beat me to that deal! Geeze, he's got Cialis too! HAR! HAR! HAR!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

All the crying of who is fishing who's bank and if someone goes 200 yards in front of you.

You should see what happens in Japan. How does 6 boats fish one hump that is big enough for one? How does everyone get a long? How does 3 or four boats fish one 100yard strech of tules?

It happens everywhere but I guess in some regions it is expected. On smaller lakes, give it a rest, it will happen over and over. On the Delta well, I guess learn to deal with it. If your on a hot stretch of real estate throw something at them. HA.....or better yet be like the duck hunters, take a shot. But in reality, relax, it is just fishing, think of all the banks and humps you can go fish that doesn't have anybody on them or any fish for that matter!

enjoy,
kevin
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

That is what I am talking about Mark, these people will whine about just about anything these days. They need an encrochment rule in tourneys just so they can have there piece of real estate to themselves.

I can understand 5 boats fishing one point being stupid but two boats on the same stretch of tules. Come on now. It's fishing. If you really wanted to fish it then you should hit high bypass on your T-motor and go get it when you see him coming in...
Scott Shambre

What is all of this crying about, check this out....

Post by Scott Shambre »

I pulled an article from the Feb. 2005 Basswest mag about a two-day tournament held on Lake Kawaguchi in Japan.

Lake Kawaguchi is about 1408 surface acres in size which is SMALLER than Camp Far West and just a little bigger than Amador. Kawaguchi works out to be about 2 miles of shoreline with points, cuts and all of the other structure you might find on any lake.

The JB Master tournament held on Kawaguchi in April of 2004 drew 424 boats on this little lake. That averaged out to about one boat every 33 YARDS!!!!!! If you factor in that most of the boats were concentrating on the points, cuts and other structure, that distance goes way down to almost rubbing paint. Only 124 of the boats actually caught a fish and the winning weight was 6.1 lbs.

We all need to take more from what the Japanese have brought us than the dropshot or other techniques for catching our fish. We all need to learn the tolerance and patience that these anglers exhibited on that very crowded lake in Japan and realize that we're fishing, and be grateful for ANY time on the water.

I'm like Cooch and Seig in that if another boat moves in on me I will strike up a conversation. If I'm on them I will usually invite the other boat to fish what I'm fishing and even go as far as to help them out. Like Cooch said, nothing is better than to watch someone catch fish using the advice I gave them. When the fish get out on the rockpiles in fall and throughout the winter, if you see my red Ranger 188, come on over and fish and chat a little. See ya out there.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.mercuryoutboards.com
C&C Marine Citrus Heights #9 Ranger dealer in the country
www.powellco.com (Powell Rods)
www.okumafishing.com
www.basscatcher.com (Markey Baits)
www.roboworm.com
Susie's Country Oaks Cafe
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Hollywood

Re: What is all of this crying about, check this out....

Post by Hollywood »

Scott,

You are correct about Kawaguchi-Ko and the size and the amount of boats the JB MASTERS Draw. It is unreal. Kawaguchi-Ko is a small lake and it has 3 main humps in the middle that people like to fish all year long, then the rest is the points and little structure that might be found near the bank. It makes for intersting fishing.

There are so many things they do differently here like prefishing styles when there is a tournament going on where the other org who is pre fishing can't fish in certain areas. Maybe I will write an article on the Japanese Way!

It has shown me a lot of new ways to fish while battling the pressure of over 400 boats in a tournament on a lake smaller than castaic!

The main lake I fish Lake Kasumigaura is pretty big and the second largest in Japan next to Biwa-Ko and we still find many boats sharing the same stretches of real estate.

In the Super 3 Day open Grand Championship where I finished 3rd, me and the second place guy shared the same 2 50 yard stretches. We would make a few passes then switch to the other and do the same for 3 days! That is sharing water with the competition!

Kevin
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

WOW! 6.1 lbs to win with 400 boats? That SUCKS! Now that would be something to cry about. LOL!!!

Don.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

well we aren't fishing japan in a pond.we are fishing the delta that has plenty of room to fish.I'll stand by my statement that a person that cuts right in front of somebody and starts fishing is wrong.Call it whinning,call it what you will.its still wrong period.now if we was fishing a mudhole with 400 boats like hollywood then there's not alot you can do about that.but we are talking about the delta with miles of shoreline.
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I rairly fish the mudholes, I fish the larger lakes, Biwa-ko is the size of Mead if not a tad bigger, Kasumigaura-ko is the second largest with the it not being so small, and with kasumi, I can run to the tomeau river and then make a left and drive up another river into another very big lake without having to lock.

We still get boats on the same spots all day long. It is fishing.

If you want privacy go on some trip in alaska or get an ocean boat. Like the man before me, it is a california water way. get used to it!
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

I just fished a tourney on a smallmouth lake. It was interesting with the average bass way less than a pound. I finished i think 13th in this pro tour event and I had 1560grams which is dam small. Less than 4lbs i think.

I normally fish a lake that has an average size of a pound/pound and a half with plenty of big fish and its a big *** lake!

This was good experience though. I can't wait to use the techniques I learned here over there!
bassindon69 wrote:WOW! 6.1 lbs to win with 400 boats? That SUCKS! Now that would be something to cry about. LOL!!!

Don.
Marty

Post by Marty »

I’ve done some thinking about this cutting and being cut off since this post was posted. I have a two hour drive to work – lot of thinking time. I know of guys sharing a mud holes with a buddy on the delta – the Mekong delta. I know of guys of sharing water out of the same canteen on a hot nights on a sandy knoll with someone whom they don’t know.

I come home after 25 years to the term of “that is my waterâ€
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

nicely said!