Delts frogs????

RougeBass

Delts frogs????

Post by RougeBass »

Need help catching frog fish on the delta. What brand works well in what colors? Any help would be really appreciated.
russbassdozer

Re: Delts frogs????

Post by russbassdozer »

I don't know if anyone's tried the Basirisky on the Delta, but in a watery world of look-alike soft hollow rubber frogs, the Basirisky is a refreshingly individual amphibian. It's two curved legs look like flukes on a pirate ship anchor - and they cause the Basirisky to crawl across the surface in a manner remindful of a Heddon Krazy Krawler or an Arbogast Jitterbug. The Basirisky has a molded-in belly weight, and there are two sizes, I think they are one ounce (3 inches) and 1/2 ounce (2-1/2 inches).

There are other hollow rubber frogs on the market in the USA, especially for fishing on top of thick grass mats - but none of them are like the Basirisky.

A key difference is the action the Basirisky produces. The frog baits used in the USA require skilled rod action to make them move in an enticing lifelike manner. On the other hand, the Basirisky will crawl across the surface in an active paddling type motion just by reeling in line slowly. No rod action is required. All the action is built in to the Basirisky.

Even at night, simply reeling the Basirisky slowly in weed-choked areas creates a gurgling trail that bass can follow. Other frogs can't easily do that, and are therefore less effective at night, especially for a novice angler.

This is a new style of grass frog bait, and the difference in action has not been seen by bass in the USA before.

Click the link to see the Basirisky catch fish live on video:

http://www.depsweb.co.jp/basirisky/basirisky.wax

[b][color=green]Visit [/color][url=http://www.bassdozer.com][color=red]www.BASSDOZER.com[/color][/url][color=green], my personal homepage and informational site at [/color][url=http://www.bassdozer.com][color=red]http://www.bassdozer.com[/color][/url][/b]
Riplip

Post by Riplip »

Thanks Russ...Hey, them aint bass!
If you always do what you did, you will always get what you got!

www.californiaresrvoirlures.com
Dewayne

Post by Dewayne »

I don't know there is really a best brand. Snag Proof is probably the most popular. The keys are making sure the hooks are very sharp and throwing it on braided line. For colors I keep it simple. White, black, ot chartruse all work well. Some days they want one color, some they want another. They are a very versatile lure that can be thrown anywhere from open water, to tules, to the weed mats. Generally I do not thow them if the wind is blowing or the tempature is not getting warmer each day. That's just me though others have success on windy days or even in cold weather.
Dewayne
Burke

Sizmic Toad

Post by Burke »

There are many frogs on the market so you'll probably get a lot of different opinions.

For now, I've been throwing a 4 inch white Sizmic toad and have had pretty good success with it. I like it because the design of the legs gives it more action as I'm retrieving it. My best bass on it is a 6 lber.

I have many of the other frogs too but haven't had the luck that I've had with the Sizmic toad. However, this opinion may change soon because I just bought some Horny Toads and plan to fish them on Thursday.
Jason C.

Re: Sizmic Toad

Post by Jason C. »

Rouge,
I only throw two different coloered frogs. And they are both by Snag Proof. One is the all white Bobby's Perfect Frog. And the other is the Sparrow Bobby's Perfect Frog. Latley I have fround that I've been throwing the Sparrow alot more than the all white one. I don't worry about walking it. Just twitch the rod and let it do its own thing it should work. Ill throw it in the wind or calm. Doesnt really matter to me. If they are eating topwater they will eat it. I havent bought any other frogs othe than the Snag Proof. But I have always wanted to try the swamp donkeys. So Im not saying that Snag Proof is the best. Just the only brand I own. Hope this helps.
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
nipples

Post by nipples »

Snag Proof Frogs suck... period.

If you are going to fish frogs, go with a bronze eye frog. There is a night and day difference in quality as well as hook up ratio compared to the fish proof.. aka snag proof. I have fished all the frogs on the market including all of the soft plastic ones and I found the bronze eye frog far better than the rest. (Correction, I still have yet to throw a batwing frog from Berkley)

For all you guys out there still chucking snag proofs... order a bronze eye from bass pro. Once you try one you will never throw a snag proof again. Walking the frog with a bronze eye is a dream, and my hook up ratio more than doubled.

The bronze eye doesn't fill with water, you don't have to glue the legs, it casts better, and it is actually perfect out of the box without claiming to be. You don't see the lead belly weight, there is plastic covering it, it's slimmer and easier to get a hook up. Overall it is so superior to anything snag proof offers that there is no real comparison. And no, they do not sponsor me.
Do it like no one is watching...