Department of Fish and Game "Smackdown"

John Barron

Department of Fish and Game "Smackdown"

Post by John Barron »

Today is the day all the tournament organizations in Southern California get together, with the supervision of DFG, to work out next year's schedule. A lot of people will ask organizations to post their schedule right away but most are hesitant.

While the DFG permits may have been worked out we won't have lake permits worked out yet. We had three issues this season causing us to change our schedule to the dismay and disgruntlement of some. For that we apologize but sometimes there is just nothing you can do.

Unfortunately while we may have settled up with DFG and the other organizations we still haven't talked with the scheduled lakes to get their permits. I had to cancel a tournament at Lopez because I inadvertently had a DFG permit for the same weekend they do their Trout Derby. Lopez officials would not give me a permit to fish. It's happened at Margarita as well as Diamond Valley and Casitas.

My point is most organizations don't like to publish their schedules too early because of these types of issues. You publish too early and you are forced to change your schedule people get mad but if you don't publish what is perceived to be soon enough people get mad. So no matter what organization you fish have some patience, all of these organizations work hard to put together the best and most convenient schedule they can for you, their customer.
John Barron
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
John Barron

Re: Department of Fish and Game "Smackdown"

Post by John Barron »

The "Smackdown" went off fairly well. I had to make a couple of adjustments but generally did ok with most of the dates.

I have been going to these permit draws for several years. I have never seen this particular group so mellow................most were fairly accommadating and willing to work with others. The amount of permits pulled were lower than I can remember. Mike Harris from DFG was very surprised at the turn out. Apparently the North draw was a zoo.

I still need to work out a couple of things and then I will post the schedule
jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products