Drop Shotin' with Humminbird Switchfire Sonar

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Doug Vahrenberg

Drop Shotin' with Humminbird Switchfire Sonar

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Here is some images showing how well Humminbird Switchfire 2D Sonar with the 200/83kHz Dual Beam Plus makes following your Drop Shot and finding the fish...Today the fish were bottom hugging but would come up to check out the Drop Shot. My rig consisted of a swivel with a 4" Finesse Worm about 12" below and a 1/8 oz weight a foot lower. You can see the Humminbird tracks the drop shot and locates the fish.

Dropin' on a Bass...

Bass gets all over the bait. You can tell by strength of return he's dead in the middle of the cone angle with Original Color Pallete by the bright red and all over the worm.

Here's where one strikes but a swing and a miss and tghen the fish goes back down.

Bass all over the screen. See how the sneak out of the bottom to come up and check out my bait.

I think I can see this one laughing at my Finesse Worm...Came up checked it out and went back down.

Humminbird Switchfire Max Mode makes it easy to vertical fish with the smallest of lure even in the deepest of depth.

Here's image of the Drop Shot Rig and all three items tied on to the line that can be seen in the images.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Drop Shotin' with Humminbird Switchfire Sonar

Here's some help understanding what's going on in the images above.

Here is inaction photo drop shotin'

Here's the Baits and you can see weight and swivel tied up and ready to go Drop Shotin'

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

sbbassdude

Post by sbbassdude »

To see these "real world" FF videos in action is absolutely awesome! I love it! Is the boat in the 2nd and 3rd clips moving? I'm assuming they are moving at a very low speed.
- JC
Doug Vahrenberg

Boat is sitting still in those images fish are moving under the boat.