Duck Opener

Dukslayer26

Duck Opener

Post by Dukslayer26 »

How did everyone's duck opener go. Espcially with that nice summer time weather. Wore a tshirt only both mornings. No jacket needed. Very hot!
I love huntin cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!!
FIT

Re: Duck Opener

Post by FIT »

I didnt get out but would like to hear how everyone did, how many did you get and where did you go?

FIT
Dukslayer26

Post by Dukslayer26 »

My dad and I did really well. Limited first day with 13 mallards and a woodie. First five birds in the blind we got 2 bands. Second day got limits again and 1 goose. Out of 28 birds had 20 mallards with 15 greenheads. My family has property on one of the islands in the delta. It was so hot it was rediculious. Weather right now is crazy. I will posts some pics when I download them.
I love huntin cause I love going deep into the bush and I always shoot twice!!
BigBossMan

Post by BigBossMan »

I didn't go but my father-n-law said it was horrific. Beautiful blue skys with no clouds, light wind, warm and no birds. He hunted sat-sun-mon and got 5 birds total, no green heads. He hunted this morning and said a few more ducks were flying but the geese were flying low in the 45 mph wind and coming into the spread.
rickd

Post by rickd »

We didn't do to good so we went striper fishin and slayed them!
scott h

Post by scott h »

Hunted my trusty ol stand blind in sherman with my 7yr old bbgun totn son and we managed 7 drake mallards with the last one sporting jewelry! Slow in the morning worked the pairs and triples from bout 9 am to 1:30 in the afternoon basically after all the blue faced so called duck callers went home!
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(