Eastman reopen river area or keep closed What's your take*

RougeBass

Re: Eastman reopen river area or keep closed What's your t

Post by RougeBass »

As much as I would like to fish up there I say keep it closed.
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

I was up there the other day with my Grandson. I hadn't fished the lake for a few years and was thinking to myself that it's about time these clowns reopen the river and quarry areas for fishing.
After the Hydrilla closure and reopening of what we have now the reason for the current closure was that there was a pair of Eagles that nest on that point by the quarry and they needed to have that buffer zone to survive! Bull S%$T!!!!!!!!!! In my eyes those that lobbied so had for that off-limits area only want their only private little area to study and do experiments. Had we not raised so much hell way back when the thing was closed the first tme we would be seeing the DFG using that lake as their own spawning grounds. BTW, most of the bass that they restocked Kawaia(sp) with after the white bass poisioning of the early 90's were shocked up at Eastman when it was closed to us! I'd be more than happy to help in any attempt to get that area reopened.

Hardshell-Jailer
FISHorDIE

Post by FISHorDIE »

I would love for them to open the eastman river. The only people who may not wish this to happen are the ones who already sneak back there and catch those monster 10+ pounders. :P
RougeBass

Post by RougeBass »

Well I have never snuck back there, the only reason I said keep it colsed was to keep all the traffic and rift raft out of there. Kind of a nice quite place but if they open that back there it sure won't be for long.
JT-Madera

Re: Eastman Closure!!!! Your Fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by JT-Madera »

For all of you who never understood "WHY" Eastman Lake was closed for sooo long, you just need a little info...

The reason the closure and offlimits has taken so long is because Mark Inman and his merry bunch of friends came to a meeting that the Dept of Fish and Game, Corps of Engineers and Madera Water Users, sponsored..It was held at the TackleBox, at the meeting DFG and the Corps told everyone that the lake would be closed for at least five to seven years to control the hydrilla...

DFG, asked if they could electroshock bass and use them to restock Kawaeh, because they had to poison it to get rid of white bass that some 'clowns' stocked there....They promised to restock Eastman before they reopened it....Since the lifespan of most bass is only five to seven years most of the 'present' bass in the lake would be dead, so DFG would restock Eastman from the bass they had moved to Kaweah...

Well at the meeting Mark Inman and his friends started yelling and calling members of DFG and the Corps some choice names and threatning a lawsuit!!!!!

I was present at this meeting, this info is NOT second hand!!!! I was a member of the board of directors of the Madera Bass Club!!!!! Because I supported the shocking and movement bass to Kaweah, there were actually threats against my life and welfare... A number of people asked me to step outside to discuss it!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

When the 'meeting' was over, DFG and the Corps who were present had a 'Closed door' informal meeting, they were shocked at the name calling and threats, I was told in no way would the DGF or Corps support reopening and would make sure the Hotheads from Madera would pay for their tempers!!!!

So Mark everytime you fish at Eastman and see the offlimit bouys and wonder why???? You only have to look in the mirror.......You know why!!!!! What you guys did at that meeting was uncalled for, there were other ways to express your anger...and attempt to work out a solution so everyone would have won... They took the bass anyway and kept the lake closed two years longer than they planned.. Then they opened the lake to everyone and allowed people to take whatever they wanted just to pi&^%$# you guys off!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They never cared about those eagles, it is just their way of sticking it to you and your friends.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Wakeup!!!!

Just my 0.02

Everyone is intitled to their opinion, just use some common sense!!! No one likes to be called names or yelled at :!: :!: :shock: :shock:

JT-Madera
Deep Cover

Re: Eastman Closure!!!! Your Fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Deep Cover »

I really think they need to open it and if they are worried about that prestine area getting ruined they should keep it 5mph. Also if Eastman wants to be true "trophy" lake they should change the one fish 22" limit. The one fish 22" limit only promotes the take of large trophy fish. I think a large slot limit(12"-18" nothing over or under) like they are doing at Coyote and Casitas would benefit Eastman much more than the one fish 22" limit that they have now.
Jon

Just Curious

Post by Jon »

Why did you need lawyers? All they ever seem to do is complicate things more.
BassTraveler

Post by BassTraveler »

We live in America.
As long as I and every other born American pays his/her taxes, then all government land should be open to ALL Americans.
Not a select few.
If you or anyone else wants to close a lake, do it on your own private property. :wink:
Americans are getting tried of these Commie tactics.
[url=http://www.nosweatmist.com/][img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/nosweat.jpg[/img][/url]
www.nixonsmarine.com
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

Rift raft? If there is anything wrong going on back there then report it. Cops and Rangers have a job there they can do. I know I see boats go back all the time. Mostly at Night it seems many just have to feel they are getting away with something. I would love to go under cover and bust every one of them that don't obey stuff like this on ALL LAKES. But as far as hydrilla goes Any time a lake level goes up or down more the 20' I don't think it will grow as well. Will it? The only places I know that it does is places that only rise or fall 5 to 10' or so.
I think it would be great to see it open. The lake would not seem so crowded at times. Remember it was not long ago we could not even night fish there ether. But the Rangers need to bust the butt heads that like breaking the law in that zone at Night.

Don.
basstamer

As far as Mark Inman....

Post by basstamer »

goes-I wouldnt know him if he walked up and kicked me in the sack BUT I cant understand why everyone feels this is a place to attack people anymore. This is a place to share what we all love-what we all live for....a place to learn and share not accuse and criticize like it happend above-I hope you two kiss and make up!I appreciate the fact that Mr Mark Inman is CONSTANTLY posting reports on both Eastman and Hensley so for that I thank him! As far as all the stuff said its all new to me-all I know is I grew up fishing Eastman and still to this date have my personal best of 9.5 lbs out of Eastman. I remember that October day like it was yesterday when my Dad and I OFF THE BANK caught a best 5 of over 30 lbs-to a 15 year old kid that was the bomb!I remember the years it was shut down but I also remember when they opened it back up....EVERYBODY that was at the lake was nailing monsters! I saw a lady that was sooooo pregnant she looked like she was about to pop with what had to be a 12+ sticking out of the 5 gallon bucket she was sitting on! I remember throwing a buzzbait and banging a 6+ next to a big boulder....kissed her and released her tossed back out to the same spot and followed it up with a 7+ from the same spot. People were fighting mad I released them big ol fish! I also watched as many,many,MANY people broke their backs lugging out 50 lb stringers of fish-that is when we needed to put the trophy lake sanctions on!God it was sad to see those huge fish being removed one after the other. Also as stated above if they wanted it to be a "premier California trophy lake" why in the hell allow you to take a lunker out??? The slot was made just for this reason-take the small food grabbers out so Big Mama can expand her girth ;) I would love to see the river opened up-it is beautiful up in there and I have many fond memories up there. As far as them damned Eagles-ask Steve Greene how many pairs he can see within a 5 mile radius of his place! They are everywhere around the Le Grand/Chowchilla area-are we gonna shut all that area down for them? They arent bothered by us half as much as people seem to think-they have adapted to the population and will damn near nest anywhere so there goes that excuse they have used so long. Sieg words ring true guys-it is a PUBLIC lake that our tax dollars built and that we PAY to launch on! We should have all banned together way back when to force them to open it. I for one think its a joke as long as they have had it closed but its even a bigger joke they think we are that stupid to believe all theses bogus reasons they have force fed us all these years! Tight Lines!
Scott
basstamer

and one more thing....

Post by basstamer »

as far as all these guys sneaking in the river/closed area to fish. I look at it this way-these guys that do that are no different than the clown back east in the tourney that had the bass tied to stumps with braid! They are POACHERS!!! The definition to a "T". A true sportsman may think about crossing those bouys but never will.Ok now I am done :)