Firefighters

If it doesn't fit in any other forum, this is where it goes.
DD22

Firefighters

Post by DD22 »

It's a good victory for Firefighters, but I can't believe this crap still goes on.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090629/ap_ ... rs_lawsuit

Why should someone, especially a firefighter get promoted just because of their race or color? It needs to be the best qualified, experience, scoring, etc. I tell you what I would want the person who would be able to get my family and my A$$ out of a fire and not think twice about it. I could care less what race they were just get the best people for the damn job!
zues

Re: Firefighters

Post by zues »

Agreed. Unfortunately, this happens everyday, in all jobs. BTW. notice, that this is overturning the desicion of the very person they are going to nominate for the supreme court. Soda springs soda bottle, what ever her name is.......lol. Kinda makes you wonder why she is considered supreme court material. Anywhooo, I did watch a great documentary on the DOC channel on our awesome California wildfire firefighers the other day.......it was called, Where there is smoke. Catch it if you can, really well done.
my racing is a sickness, my fishiing is a passion, thank god my wife likes both!!