First boat considerations - Bass/Salmon/Stripper

49erc1

First boat considerations - Bass/Salmon/Stripper

Post by 49erc1 »

Hey guys,

Im looking for my first boat and want to bass fish in the delta and salmon and stripper fish in the Sacramento river. Any recommendations? I was looking at bass boats but you cant really troll with them I heard.
Thanks guys!
fishwithron2

Re: First boat considerations - Bass/Salmon/Stripper

Post by fishwithron2 »

Check out Tracker,crestliner or fisher 17'. They have trolling motor up front ,livewell and try and get one with an 4 cyl motor with it. Friend has a Crestliner with merc 4 cyl and does what your looking for in bass,striper and salmon fishin abd burns very little gas.
49erc1

Post by 49erc1 »

Thanks for your reply!
obsessed fisherman

Post by obsessed fisherman »

I would second the earlier recommendation. I've had a tracker for years and it's been great! It has a 70hp 4 stoke evinrude on it, which trolls with no issue (fish trout in the foothills) and is great on gas. Have had it all over the delta and caught many nice fish. When bass fishing the wind can be an issue because the boat is light and sits high in the water. Best thing I ever did was put a talon on the transom. I'm considering a bass boat now, but really hate the thought of parting with this boat. Would highly recommend it as a first.
49erc1

Post by 49erc1 »

Thank you!