13 fishing muse swimbait rod

BClay

13 fishing muse swimbait rod

Post by BClay »

Anyone throwing a 13 fishing muse 8ft extra heavy swimbait rod? Rated for 8-14oz thinking about buying one see what’s up with it!! It’s either this or a Dobyns rod Any info will help thank
Gary Dobyns

Re: 13 fishing muse swimbait rod

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I don't know anything about that other brand's rods but We have a full line of Swim bait rods from 7'9" to a 9 footer. We have powers fro 4 to 8 also. Many swim bait manufacturers recommend our rods to match their baits. If we can help, let us know. THX!!
zdbm2004

Post by zdbm2004 »

BClay wrote:Anyone throwing a 13 fishing muse 8ft extra heavy swimbait rod? Rated for 8-14oz thinking about buying one see what’s up with it!! It’s either this or a Dobyns rod Any info will help thank
For that size of bait I definitely recommend longer then 8’. I’m sure someone has something to say about that but I’m throwing an 11” Hiroshima and deps 250 on an 867 Dobyns with very little effort. I’ve thrown the 806 & 807 but settled on the 867 for my big baits due to the ease of casting and the fact it’s kind of parabolic and not a broom stick like some rods. This thing loads up like a DD cranking rod.
Good luck
zmyers
BClay

Post by BClay »

Thanks for the replies and yeah I’ve been thinking about the 867 for the fact the local tackle shop has one in stock but I do like the fat handle of the 13 just wish I could put my hands on more of these swimbait rods to get the feel.. I’ll be throwing a 11in Hiro trout on it for stripers