flw @bass tough bite in florida today

swordfish

flw @bass tough bite in florida today

Post by swordfish »

Both BASS and FLW had season openers today BASS on harris chain and everstart on okeechobee. Overall the weights were light. 21.06 leads on OKee with 10th @ 16.11 20th@14.13 50th@9.05 thats with a huge field above 150 b0ats. I think the lake was windblown today. The bite on the harris chain was tough as well, tho a local stroked 28.3 ,chris lane had 20.8 for 2nd clifford perch 19.10 for 3rd (go perch) some other west coast guys did ggod as well Ish and roy hawk or was it kevin? anyway only 16lbs for 10th 15lbs 20th..11.2 for top 50................ besides the high cost of living and zany politics here in california, we truly have some of the best fishing in the U.S.,with multi species and diversity at its best. Special thoughts out to Brandon Mc Millian who had caught a big limit on the big O today, the family has been thru hell and Brandon is fishing strong he is truly a favorite to win for many reasons.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
frank

Re: flw @bass tough bite in florida today

Post by frank »

Man, those weights are low. Everyone would have weighed 25+ if they were able to throw the a- rig. :lol: with the way everyone is talking about this thing I am sure it will make pros out of less skilled men. Who needs a boat, just tie on the a rig and walk on water to your favorite rock pile.
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

frank wrote:Man, those weights are low. Everyone would have weighed 25+ if they were able to throw the a- rig. :lol: with the way everyone is talking about this thing I am sure it will make pros out of less skilled men. Who needs a boat, just tie on the a rig and walk on water to your favorite rock pile.
You beat me to it. :D. Im waiting to sign the petition for the petition.
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

They are able to throw the Alabama Rig.
frank

Post by frank »

That was kind of my point. I was mocking all the posts and petitions talking about the a rig as the most unfair to come along in bass fishing. According to some of the big names just about every tournament will be won on the rig.
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

I was just excited to see the bass fishin' season tourneys start up again on a national level, almost 400 boats in Florida this week end, 197 @ Harris Chain B.A.S.S. 165 or so at Okeechobee big tournouts, Chris Lane caught em big,he is a real talent and fished a great tourney . Cliff Pirch held tough for second , his consistancy was uncanny with weights of 19.10..19.12...18.11 western guy done good... Keith Carson great job for third Kevin Hawk showed his dedication and love for the sport and stayed strong ,fished good weighing, 13.15..20.9..19.2 go west coast nice finishes, The big O is another story, Brandon Medlock gets er done two years running Randall Tharp is a Stick and a half, he flat catches em. and Brandon McMillian is good and steady as they they come....These are my thoughts as all the A Rig yak yakin ' has took us away from the big picture lets see how the season 2012 plays out,.. other bites other lakes patterns and techniques. Respect to all the touring Pros who can make it in these tough times and the others who try with all their might.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!