22 MOULTON, JIM 19-02 (5)
23 KITCHEN, KEITH 18-13 (5)
24 PALLEY, BEAU 18-11 (5)
25 SHABAZZ, RICKY 18-02 (5)

Full results out at FLW Outdoorswebsite
Dom

Re: FLW Delta Day 1

Post by Dom »

Right On Charlie Great Catch ! That dang autographed card you gave me might be worth somthing someday after all LMAO J/J Great Job man! Now stick em tomorrow!

Tight Lines Dom
Tight Lines Dom
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

can u say Jr., and I'll be the first to let this secret out... there's another Stafford right around the corner! How about a 5 year old chuckin' a Caenan as if it was a Calais... :shock:
Wait to Sean Jr. is old enough to fish teams. Heaven help us all!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
str8upirish

Post by str8upirish »

I was a little disappointed with the FLW. Weight in was behind the hokey arena instead of the nice complex across the bay. There was no shaded there what so ever. I know guys that drove down to weber point and didnt see any thing so they took off. No give away for the fans. It also seems like alot of local pros that were there last year weren't there this year.
Old Trapper Beef Jerky Best In the West
http://www.oldtrapper.com/
Phenix Rods
http://www.phenixrods.com/
River 2 Sea
http://www.river2seausa.com/
California Reservoir Lures
http://www.californiareservoirlures.com/
BHQ
http://bassanglerhq.com/
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

I'll be the first to get his post deleted, since the new rules around here are more stringent than the principals office in Jr. High

Why is this not in the (tournament forum)? yes I am a smartty buty :P :P :P
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

Hipster wrote:I'll be the first to get his post deleted, since the new rules around here are more stringent than the principals office in Jr. High

Your not the first, I asked yesterday and poof it's gone...

Censorship at it's finest.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Maybe FLW is a new sponsor.... :idea:
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

WOw my post got deleted also.

Its very unfortunate to see posts get deleted.

NM***************
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Hipster wrote:I'll be the first to get his post deleted, since the new rules around here are more stringent than the principals office in Jr. High

Hollywood wrote:

RipnRog wrote:Maybe FLW is a new sponsor.... :idea:
Garrettt wrote:WOw my post got deleted also.

NM***************
HAHAHAHAHAHAHa, what a joke this place is now!!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
STONEFREE

Post by STONEFREE »

SMOKE EM BUB,
Andrew Jackson

Post by Andrew Jackson »

Great weights and pics of the Delta FLW. Must concur on the decision to curb the tournament information from this section. Tournament calender, sure, PAIN IN THE A_ _ to go back and forth. New owner, new rules and regulations. Things were just fine...All in all still a great bass fishing info, whiney ***, mud slinging site that I enjoy
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

Come on Richard, go sack 'em up.
flipit

Post by flipit »

Great wine fest here. Go out and fish, its alot funner then hanging out here. :lol:
Fishing should be fun.
nipples

Post by nipples »

Guy Williams wrote:

Hollywood wrote:

RipnRog wrote:Maybe FLW is a new sponsor.... :idea:
Garrettt wrote:WOw my post got deleted also.

NM***************
HAHAHAHAHAHAHa, what a joke this place is now!!
Guy Williams

Welcome to my world... LOL

When the truth stirs the pot, then that is a pot that needed to be stirred... :shock:
Do it like no one is watching...
tbob

Post by tbob »

Over 1,000 peope have looked at this thread since just yesterday afternoon, so obviously people care about the major Pro Ams, and people care about getting relevent bass news in generral.

In my view the FLW event belongs in the tournament forum only, and if not where do the US OPEN post belong? I think you guys got about ten zillion hits on the US OPEN last year. Unfortunately my view doesn't matter, but at some point we have to actually understand the new rules.
Bill Hutcheson

Post by Bill Hutcheson »

While we may have our differences as competitors, I have to agree wholeheartedly with Tbob on this one. If a policy is going to be established regarding the posting of events - regardless of the size of the event - the rules should be applied evenly and equally across the board.

You would not want any one of our organizations establishing one set of tournament rules for one group of fishermen and a different set for another???

Either allow all tournament posts or don't allow any. My two cents for what they are worth.

Have a good weekend all.
Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

I think it was a good post and and in the right venue as it was breaking news and the fish were moving up.
the best way to catch a big one is don't lose um sharp hooks set drag retie!
wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Post by wayneg »

I am Amazed!!!

THE ONLY WAY THIS WEBSITE CAN EXIST IS TO TAKE IN REVENUE TO MAINTAIN THE UPKEEP AND CONTENT THAT ALL OF YOU ENJOY.
YES, we have a few extra rules to make this a positive relationship between our viewers and our advertisers..

All this talk about something that was really intended to help solve a few problems.

Problem one:
A tournament organizer makes a post in the Bass fishing forum and within a day, the post is on page two or three and within a few days if there are no additional comments, the event is many pages back and sometimes forgotten.

Problem two:
Tournament organizers were posting not just their event, they were bringing in their sponsors and the sponsors hot links. These extra sponsors have not paid to advertise on westernbass. This is not fair to all our current sponsors who pay to promote their business and products.
So how do you solve these issues. Well we went to the Tournament Organizers and asked them how can we help promote their events. We got several good recommendations and just followed through with them.

We put a separate Tournament Calendar section up. This allows every tournament organizer to put up information on their event at their option. This would include the date, lake, marina and any extra pr they may want to tell you. We even added 5 day weather forecasts, lake level and moon phase. The intent was to make it easy for you guys to click one mouse button and see what events are going down this weekend, this month or in some cases the rest of the year. Seems to me this is a lot easier than clicking many posts on the bass fishing forums and looking for a specific event. And for the fisherman who live outside the region, they may choose to come to a particular lake based on seeing a calendar of events.

We also discussed with the TD's the ability to have a separate section to post events into a general area with the ability to separate them out into regions, hence, the Desert and Southern CA region , Central CA region , Northern CA region, and the Pacific Northwest region. The only rules for the TD's was that they would not post their sponsors or sponsors links unless they were paid advertisers of our site. Again the idea was you could look at the general sections and see all the events by the most resent posts or you could click your regions and see only those events. Again seems that this would make life much easier for all of you who are looking to participate in a tournament and for the TD people to give you all the updated information.

Here is what I have tried to bring to this site over the past three months, obviously I have many more plans for us ahead.
1) New look and feel with much more current content and ease of moving to different areas of the site.
2) An On-line Magazine that is FREE to all site visitors with tons of information and really cool video and audio abilities, PLUS super ad content.
3) A simple posting policy for all of us, Simply said "If you Don't have something nice to say about a fellow fishermen, Company or Product, then please don't say anything because it will be deleted!
4) I hear the comments that some posts are deleted, Please refer to #3. And again let me say that any links that are not regarding paid advertisers will be deleted.

Again I state, THE ONLY WAY THIS WEBSITE CAN EXIST IS TO TAKE IN REVENUE TO MAINTAIN THE UPKEEP AND CONTENT THAT ALL OF YOU ENJOY.
Yes, we have a few extra rules to make this a positive relationship between our viewers and our advertisers..

Thank you for your time.

WayneG

PS: I encourage any positive comments!. I agree with the last 3 comments on this post. It should have been put up in the tournament section. In the future all tournament related events or posts should be put in the tournament forum section or it will be moved .
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

Rules are rules,ok I get that, consistant policy good concept too .. new format here and many may want a heads up on new info . then will look further. not knowing the latest sites for tourney info.
wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Post by wayneg »

Hi Swordfish,

I Don't Understand your last comment?

Wayneg

. then will look further. not knowing the latest sites for tourney info.
GiantsFan

Post by GiantsFan »

Wayne:
While I appreciate your intention and motives to segregate the tournament info from the main forum, in all due respect, I think you missed the mark. You have, by this decision, diluted the value of your best asset. The tourney orgs have less incentive to post all the info on their events and less people will visit the main forum. You are now asking folks to excercise more effort to get the info they desire. Now, I may be just an ignorant business owner in the IT space, but you have just opened the door to your competitor(s). Will they capitalize? I guess we will see. Tony, Cooch and Roger know that I am a straight shooter with no agenda and no dog in this fight other than my own Internet habits. Take it or leave it, but in my opinion you have just in a certain way alienated a large percentage if your stakeholders. And, unfortunately, I really believe it was unintentional. If you would like to engage in real-time, my cell is 707-290-0197. I really am disappointed that with all that you have done to make this site better, you have with one misguided decision squandered your effort.

Brian Stafford
swordfish

Post by swordfish »

I am saying , if current info is up on the main site more will view, kinda like the photos posted by John C.
Levy

Post by Levy »

GiantsFan wrote:Wayne:
While I appreciate your intention and motives to segregate the tournament info from the main forum, in all due respect, I think you missed the mark. You have, by this decision, diluted the value of your best asset. The tourney orgs have less incentive to post all the info on their events and less people will visit the main forum. You are now asking folks to excercise more effort to get the info they desire. Now, I may be just an ignorant business owner in the IT space, but you have just opened the door to your competitor(s). Will they capitalize? I guess we will see. Tony, Cooch and Roger know that I am a straight shooter with no agenda and no dog in this fight other than my own Internet habits. Take it or leave it, but in my opinion you have just in a certain way alienated a large percentage if your stakeholders. And, unfortunately, I really believe it was unintentional. If you would like to engage in real-time, my cell is 707-290-0197. I really am disappointed that with all that you have done to make this site better, you have with one misguided decision squandered your effort.

Brian Stafford
+1 Brian is exactly right!!
wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Post by wayneg »

I have a different view and here it is. I visit with our sponsors on a regular basis or In some cases I actually go see them I listen to their concerns. I also visit with our viewers and tournament people. My intent here is not to confuse any body. My interests is to un -confuse the past years where any thing goes. As far as tournament talk or issues with tournaments, we all agree its ok to make your comments in the Bass Fishing Forum or Tournament Forum. But if you are a TD org and not a sponsor promoting your event, then is needs to stay in the Tournament Forums Section. If you fish tournaments, it's so easy to collect the info on when where, etc with one click. I think that's easy. This way the TD's information does not get buried in the many pages of the Bass Fishing Forum

Wayneg
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Now I'm confused. So, is it ok to talk about a tournament in the main forum as long as you're not the TD or associated with the organization? Seems like on one hand, you're saying you want all the tournament talk in the tournament forum, but on the other hand, this thread about a tournament was started by a moderator. :roll:
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

What's so confusing here guys? Wayne has put it in the simplest of terms. If you are a Tournament Org, or an employee/TD of such an organization, we have built them a free place to advertise their events. I am not affiliated with any tournament org, yes in my haste and short time Thursday afternoon, I put up this post, Big deal. Actually it was to me, I just didn't have the time to go into the fact the river busted open, we got a national org in our back yard and guys like Weyer, Stafford, Tosh, Mah, Pirch, Tuck, Robert Lee, ZackT, Ron Colby, R. Dobyns and Shabazz were all present in the top 25, a bunch of local favorites that I felt was news worthy. I put up a link, Oops, big deal, I forgot, it got removed, no big deal.

The first three guys ta post got it, cheer on the local guys and your favorite. The rest of ya, just jump on and bang heads because ya can, and that sort of stuff is exactly what Wayne is attempting to rid on this main Forum. Just enjoy the place, or go fishing like me.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Hey Cooch...
I wasn't throwin' rocks at ya. I was just looking for some clarification from Wayne.
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Wow, now there are guys bitching and moaning about moving a damn finger and pressing a button. WOW THAT WAS TOUGH NOW WASN'T IT?!?! It's no surprise that this industry in California is going down the crapper, when we even whine about having to click a mouse!!! GIMME A BREAK!!!

Keep up the progression Wayne, the site looks great.

-Andy Lippert
tbob

Post by tbob »

Cooch

I think some of our local guys at the top of an FLW event is a very big deal and you put it where the most people would see it. The obvious problem is when and where you do it again and where you draw that line. Is an AC Delta Pro Am not big news too? How about the US OPEN or Western Classic?

But that is why the forum has moderators, and like an editor at WON someone has to decide what goes where. We have to make these same choices every week, and it's not an exact science.

You got Hutch and I to agree on something, so something good came from it.

Keep up the good work!

Bob Twilegar
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Unbelievable. I have no idea how people can b*** about this. If you are looking for official tournament news from the org -> go to the tournament side and you get the facts. If you are looking for docktalk or people's info/opinion about something go to the main forum. Arguing is ok but bashing things only because you are to lazy to click the correct link in your browsers favorites is just BS. MHO
Tight lines,
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

kraetzer wrote:Unbelievable. I have no idea how people can b*** about this. If you are looking for official tournament news from the org -> go to the tournament side and you get the facts. If you are looking for docktalk or people's info/opinion about something go to the main forum. Arguing is ok but bashing things only because you are to lazy to click the correct link in your browsers favorites is just BS. MHO
Tight lines,
X2!!!!! all I have to say is three unspoken words WTF?
just shut up and fish
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

REALLY :? :? :? now I see why things have changed FOR THE BETTER!!!!! :D A hole bunch of NEGATIVE NELLY'S in here. LIFE IS TO SHORT ENJOY FISHING and the people that can help each other on this web site. Don't like what you read go to another site SIMPLE!!!!!!! :D :D I like the changes THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
birdi23nls

Post by birdi23nls »

I am not trying to make this a philosophical argument, because I really could care less about where the tourney information is at...however I can tell you why people are complaining about a post getting removed or deleted.

RULES...there are a lot of people out there that hate all the pointless rules and micro management at work and everyday life. Fishing is our escape, and while we can support laws and rules to keep are hobby safe from poachers and the like, many become irritated and just fed up with rules that seem to be trivial at best.

People long to be free...most Rules inhibit freedom instead of protect it. I must say, I too hate rules :D
Jared
e-mail: Birdi23nls@aol.com

www.mayhemlures.com