HDS Gen 3 Help

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Chris-m-r

HDS Gen 3 Help

Post by Chris-m-r »

Looking for some assistance.

Updating two LMS 332’s on my boat to HDS Gen 3 (9&12) and had a couple questions.

- is there a risk in using the existing power cables for the new meters?

- is there a risk using the existing transducers (puck style) to support 2D sonar?

- the new HDS going on the bow am I able to utilize split screen where two different transducers would need to be considered? Local puck transducer and Ethernet connection to the LSS transducer mounted on the transom?

My feeling without getting into the install is that all of the thoughts above should pose no risk and or be configurable in settings but wanted to get some of the smart folks to weigh in. Thanks in advance.
wallyandre

Re: HDS Gen 3 Help

Post by wallyandre »

- is there a risk in using the existing power cables for the new meters? No

- is there a risk using the existing transducers (puck style) to support 2D sonar? No but with a new unit I would prefer a new transducer

- the new HDS going on the bow am I able to utilize split screen where two different transducers would need to be considered? Local puck transducer and Ethernet connection to the LSS transducer mounted on the transom? To share transducer you need a ethernet cable between the 2's