Helix 10 bow or console

kensnider

Helix 10 bow or console

Post by kensnider »

Went all in with new on the old Champion 184 this winter. New Ultrex I-Pilot Link, Helix 7 Chirp SI G2N, Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI G2n with everything linked together. Plan was the 10 at the bow and the 7 at the console, easier to see the 10 at the bow and closer to the 7 at the console. All my fishing is in No. Ca. or So. Or. living just south of the boarder 37 miles. Always before I would just pull up to a bank and start fishing only using my electronics for depth and temp. Never did a drive by looking for fish or structure. With the new electronics that may be all changing now, more hours on the big motor and less on the trolling motor. Should I rethink where the 10 goes? Pros and cons for bow or console. thanks
TravisH

Re: Helix 10 bow or console

Post by TravisH »

Awesome Upgrades! I hear this question a lot, I believe as long as you have an Si unit on the console your good to go because that's where all the time is spent searching for the area other than that its a total screen size preference to what you can see best.. I run a Helix 12 SI G2N on my console and a Helix 10 DI G2N on the bow..
kensnider

Re: Helix 10 bow or console

Post by kensnider »

decided to go with the 10 on the console and the 7 up front. Better searching with the 10. Thanks Ken