I hope this is wrong, BUT

For political discussions
Rod Martin

I hope this is wrong, BUT

Post by Rod Martin »

Government knows best: protecting our preschoolers from mom's homemade lunches
Published - Feb 14 2012 07:31PM EST

J. Doug Gill, Strange News Examiner

When the parent of a West Hoke Elementary schooler sent her daughter off to the land of little knowledge (re: an American public school) she had no idea that a North Carolina state worker would disapprove of the child’s home-packed lunch.

Apparently a turkey sandwich (with cheese), a banana, potato chips and an apple juice did not meet the standards of that day’s lunch inspection agent.

Read that last part again: lunch inspection agent .

As a result of this state employee’s interpretation of Department of Agriculture guidelines the 4-year-old kindergartener was given a chicken nugget platter of which – according to her mother – she ate only three of the mysterious poultry concoctions.

According to the Carolina Journal , the Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) requires that all lunches – including those brought from home – must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of grain, two servings of fruit or vegetables and one serving of milk.

When the agent inspecting all school lunches determines that DHHS requirements have not been met then child-care providers must provide the missing menu item – in this instance it appears to be the lack of a vegetable.

“What got me so mad is – number one – don’t tell my kid I’m not packing her lunch properly,” the mother – who wants to remain anonymous to protect her child from any potential retaliation – told the CJ. “[her lunch] never consists of a vegetable. She eats vegetables at home because I have to watch her because she doesn’t really care for vegetables.”

Well, given how the populace is now almost completely engulfed by government she better learn to not only eat her greenery publicly but to do so on command.

As if the Transportation Security Administration-inspired tactics weren’t enough, the actions of the cafeteria goon resulted in mom receiving a note from the Robeson County school system explaining that students who do not bring a “healthy lunch” to school would be supplied with the missing item and the parent could be responsible for a fee associated with such forced catering.

The three eaten chicken nuggets – a nutritious delicacy often made with the goop that results from grinding up unmentionable chicken parts – could have cost the mother $1.25.

“She came home with her whole sandwich I had packed because she chose to eat the nuggets,” mom explained. “You’re telling a 4-year-old ‘oh, you’re lunch isn’t right,’ and she’s thinking there’s something wrong with her food.”

Thankfully a representative of the state was present that day to protect that child from the extreme incompetence demonstrated by the mother. Just imagine the horrors that may have stemmed from the consumption of that turkey sandwich.

Although, one must wonder how the state-approved food distribution plan would have been received if the chicken nuggets or another item on the government-issued plate caused an allergic reaction in the child and she went into anaphylactic shock.

Anything in the DHHS guidelines address those consequences?

If not, don’t despair: it’s obvious that government always knows what is best for you and your family. Why, a visit to the West Hoke Elementary School website shows you just what a dedicated, caring learning institution the state of North Carolina (via tax dollars) has given to its native families.

At the end of each month the school honors its best and brightest through motivational programs such as the “Student of the Month” and “Terrific Kids” contests.

A child who has fantastic work habits, a wonderful attitude and excellent attendance may be honored as Student of the Month and as a result receives not only awards but also a free Domino’s Pizza.

The Terrific Kid award goes to the student who is the most thoughtful, enthusiastic, respectful, responsible, friendly and caring will also receive awards along with a coupon to the Waffle House and “delicious ice cream.”

Pizza and ice cream? Better call the state food inspectors.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Skeeterman

Re: I hope this is wrong, BUT

Post by Skeeterman »

A bunch of freakin libs telling us what to do.Aholes! :twisted: