humminbird 596c HD DI problems

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

moebass

humminbird 596c HD DI problems

Post by moebass »

Hi just picked up a new 596c HD down imaging unit so I removed my 565 from the front and installed this unit just like 565 with the ducer on the trolling motor. Problem is when I went out to the lake and put down the trolling motor it worked great but as soon as I hit the motor power it affected the screen on the unit. lines up and down and a change in depth. So when I got back I thought the motor was the problem so I took the ducer off and moved it away from the motor but still same problem. I then took the power cord from my 898 and pluged it in to power up and no problem. changed power to different location and powered up seemed to be ok but when I set it all back up and hit the motor it caused the same problem. I'm at a loss? any help in solving this would be apreciated. thanks
basstrophy

Re: humminbird 596c HD DI problems

Post by basstrophy »

Doug Vahrenberg

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Call HB Customer Service 800-633-1468 they have steps to help kill RF Noise

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
moebass

Post by moebass »

thanks for the info. I did get in touch with humminbird and there is a power cable for my unit that has noise filter built into it, appearantly this unit does not come with it like the 898 and up units do, so they are sending me one free of charge which is great, they said it should take care of any interferance problems. thanks again