Important Announcement for the Piru event

John Barron

Important Announcement for the Piru event

Post by John Barron »

Remember that these fish are in some stage of spawn, whether it's prespawn, locked on or post spawn you need to take care of them. This time of year you need to pay a little more attention to your fish in the livewell. USE CATCH AND RELEASE any time but if you don't use it all the time USE IT NOW. This is far and above the best product on the market.

You might think about getting a floating thermometer and keep it in your livewell. Use ice if you need to but be careful not get the water temp too low or you can shock the fish. Pay attention to what the temp first thing and throughout the day. Drop in a little ice if necessary but just keep track of what your fish are doing. I look at my fish each time I move from spot to spot.

Once I have the water level where I want it I put my livewell pumps on recirculate so I'm not changing out the water just oxygenating what is there.

During the tournament this Sunday if you have a big fish that is in trouble please bring it to the scales and we will weigh it for you and release it so we don't kill it.

Survival rate is extremely important to me and all TD's I know so please help take care of our fish. Anyone that has suggestions to add to this please do so.
John Barron
The top Stick Tour
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products