INFO! WON BASS DVL....January 28, 2012!

jwick22

INFO! WON BASS DVL....January 28, 2012!

Post by jwick22 »

Hey guys and gals

Just a heads up! Next Won Bass is at DVL....I decided to cancel all Perris tournaments due to tagging issues.

MORE INFO TO COME!

Please call me with any questions

Thanks

JOhn
TEAMDEADMONEY

Re: INFO! WON BASS DVL....January 28, 2012!

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Thats a bummer cause I know a few of us were planning to fish your Perris event...

Maybe Ill make the switch to DVL by the end of the month...

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bummer John. What sort of "tagging issues" did you encounter?
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
jwick22

Post by jwick22 »

Sorry Guys....

Tagging issues.....Basically what I mean is guys don't wanna lose there tag to fish Perris and then have to go through the wait period to get back on DVL....With a tournament each weekend at dvl guys have to choose.....Just not worth it.....After talking to Brian Hess....This is what we decided.....Sorry to the guys such as Pete and Brian who wanted to fish Perris.....

Hope to see you guys January 28th......Give us a shot.....

See ya soon!

JOhn
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

jwick22 wrote: then have to go through the wait period to get back on DVL....
There is now a wait period now to get on DVL? When did this start?
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Inspection then a quarantine period...

its official...Lake Casitas #2!

What a drag
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

jwick22 wrote:Sorry Guys....

Tagging issues.....Basically what I mean is guys don't wanna lose there tag to fish Perris and then have to go through the wait period to get back on DVL....With a tournament each weekend at dvl guys have to choose.....Just not worth it.....After talking to Brian Hess....This is what we decided.....Sorry to the guys such as Pete and Brian who wanted to fish Perris.....

See ya soon!

JOhn
There is no Quarintine period if you fish Perris and then go to DVl as both have no Quagga's and inspections. Trying to build on a 9 boat field for the 2nd derby of the year does stand a better chance at DVl then Perris though as Perris is only 9-11 boats ever no matter who has a derby there. Too bad though, better fishing at Perris than DVl right now and in January also. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Rick G wrote: There is no Quarintine period if you fish Perris and then go to DVl
Thanks for clearing that up Rick :)
Is DVL honoring any other lakes tags? Last time I was there, they said they were considering it.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

No they do not share tags at this time. But again, unless you are going on a day that is raining, if you take your time and clean and dry your boat the CORRECT way, the DVL inspections are very fair and easy to pass. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Rick G wrote:
jwick22 wrote:Sorry Guys....

See ya soon!

JOhn
There is no Quarintine period if you fish Perris and then go to DVl as both have no Quagga's and inspections. Trying to build on a 9 boat field for the 2nd derby of the year does stand a better chance at DVl then Perris though as Perris is only 9-11 boats ever no matter who has a derby there. Too bad though, better fishing at Perris than DVl right now and in January also. Rick G.
Thanks for clearing that up Rick. I was wondering what he meant by "losing their tag." There is a difference between being "tagged" and being "locked in". As of now I believe Casitas is the only lake in SoCal where you are locked in. Some of you Tournament directors need to get out all of the proper information to the anglers.
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Like Rick said, there is no quarantine period at DVL, UNLESS your boat has been in a Quagga/Zebra infested body of water (Perris is not one of them). You can check their website (http://www.dvmarina.com). My experience there is the inspectors are friendly, and don't go out of their way to "fail" you. If you are clean and dry, you get in - if your live wells and bilge have dirt/debris and are wet, you don't. Don't forget to check the threads on the drain plug also.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Jim V. wrote:Like Rick said, there is no quarantine period at DVL, UNLESS your boat has been in a Quagga/Zebra infested body of water (Perris is not one of them). You can check their website (http://www.dvmarina.com). My experience there is the inspectors are friendly, and don't go out of their way to "fail" you. If you are clean and dry, you get in - if your live wells and bilge have dirt/debris and are wet, you don't. Don't forget to check the threads on the drain plug also.
I have never had a problem at DVL, just show up Clean and Dry and I breeze right in... I was concerned something may have changed. Last time I was there and chatting with the inspector, he said they were considering honoring some of the other lake's tags in the future.
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

I think all John were saying that the some guys don't like to give up their tag once they get it on their boat. At least he out there talking to some of the guys and taking what they say to heart. I like his effort.

It's a fact that once you are tagged you do not have to worry about having a day ruined by a little rain or fog. Having the tag makes going fishing a lot easier. While many guys have it wired and don't have such concerns, some guys do. And some do get turned around. So having your boat tagged does keep people from fishing lakes elsewhere.

I assumed Pete was making the same comment and wanting it to be on Perris as he is tagged there, and not wanting to yet "make the switch" to DVL and get his tag there.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Getting clean and dry is a bit easier at Perris then DVL thats for sure. They dont make you lower your motor at Perris for instance.... But other than that, clean and dry is clean and dry.

The whole tag thing is a hassle because in the Winter its harder to be completely dry. Its VERY tough to fish at Perris one day then DVL the next day in the Winter.....VERY TOUGH.
I WISH they'd honor each others tags....Makes no sense to me that they dont!!!
Ill be spending 3-4 hours getting the boat dry before the next NBW event at DVL....Thats how long it usually takes to make sure everythings dry dry dry... It sucks but it is what it is...

Pete 8)
PeteMarinoGuideService.com