LAKE ALMANOR

MN

LAKE ALMANOR

Post by MN »

I would like to know if anyone know's if there are any resort's at lake ALMANOR that have dock's(slip's) that a guy can leave his boat in the water.Also if they do is it a safe thing to do??.Every since i was a kid i can remember my dad planing a trip up there to trout fish and at the last minute he told me we are not going.To this day I will never forget how heart broken i was.Well now that he is gone i am going to go up there and catch a few smallmouth for him.Any help would be much appreciated thank you.
Bill K

Re: LAKE ALMANOR

Post by Bill K »

Try North Shore Campgrounds, 530-258-3376, just out of Chester on the causeway. They have docks, are as safe as can be expected and from there you can venture to the airport/swamp area and catch nice s/m. The lake is shallow so be careful and watch for rocks, etc. But if you watch, proceed slowly til you see what and where you should be fine and have a good trip.
Try gitzits, topwater and dark Senko's. Bill K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Louie

Re: LAKE ALMANOR

Post by Louie »

There are several places to stay on the lake that have docks. Lake Almanor Resort 530 596-3337 is one place on the Northeast side of the lake. Here is a link to a site that lists a lot of places to stay.

http://www.anglernet.com/web/maps/alman1.htm

Have fun.

Louie