Lake WA or Sammamish?

JohnKTKim

Lake WA or Sammamish?

Post by JohnKTKim »

Hello

thinking of braving the weather this Sat (11/6)
where you all think is a goods lake to catch some bass? (within about an hour drive from seattle)
what pattern/methods/location should we use? any tips would be greatly appreciated!

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/201 -->
Marc

Re: Lake WA or Sammamish?

Post by Marc »

John,

Both Lake Washington or Lake Sammamish are good choices, and both will have some smallmouth bass action available. I would recommend dragging a Yamamoto twin tail Hula Grub in color #176 in about 30 feet of water. For more information listen to my radio programs on the front page of this web site.

Good luck, and tell us how you did.

ciao,
Marc

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/202 -->
JohnKTKim

Post by JohnKTKim »

Marc,

Fished for about 4 hours all around the lake (Sammamish) it was my first outing in lake Sammamish, we did not catch anything but got familiar with some of the structures and it was great being on the lake

Some anglers said that they caught fish at 20’ and 40’

Thank you for the advices

Regards,

JohnKTKim

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/203 -->
Marc

Post by Marc »

John,

Glad you made it out on the lake. It was a pretty day to be there. Catching bass this time of the year can be very difficult, and it can also be good; you just never know. The most difficult part is detecting bites when they happen, as in most cases this time of the year it is really hard to detect.

One thing is for sure, the more time you spend out there, the easier the fishing becomes.

ciao,
Marc

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/204 -->
Bob Higbee

Post by Bob Higbee »

> Hello John, Marc is right on with his recommendation on either of these lakes. One thing he neglected to mention is to make sure you maintain bottom contact and fish slow. As the season progresses continue to fish deeper to as deep as 60 feet. If you still have problems putting it together stop by the store Angler's Marine in Tacoma and I will be happy to share what information I can in person. <A HREF="http://www.abawa.com" TARGET="_blank">www.abawa.com</A> for my website.

<!-- /home/wbass/public_html/bbtemp/greatnorthwest/bbs0/214 -->