A letter from my sister

Sports talk forum
Greg_Cornish

A letter from my sister

Post by Greg_Cornish »

It's been a whirlwind here this week with State Basketball tournaments. About three weeks ago they asked me to work at the bank this Thursday and Friday because four of the girls were going to be gone in one day. So I agreed to it not even thinking about basketball. Well, normally I don't think about basketball at all (ha ha) except that this would be for high school sports, and ****'s little tiny school always sends either their girls or their boys. Wouldn't you know it, the boys from *****(small country school) made it to State.

Yesterday he went up to Williams Arena in the cities and I was at work. All of us girls are listening to the game on the radio, and we are all by one teller's station for the last 5 minutes of the game....which again as you know can be 10 minutes in reality. The game was exciting and back and forth by no more than 2 or 3 points at the end.

The school we played was called Minnesota ****** School. The players were City kids and were tall and good. One of their players was 6'10" and another 6'7". It was a "charter" school, but **** said all the students acted like there were from an alternative school. Not good behavior at all.

On Friday night the MN High School League gave a large banquet for all the teams that made it to State. The opposing team of course were there and they were rude, obnoxious and cocky. They offended many people at this banquet, and really fired up our little school basketball team. The home town boys wanted to beat them so badly. Yesterday during the game one of opponent's really good players made a 3 pt. shot and ran in front of our teams basketball team sitting on the bench, looked them in the eyes and beat his chest. I'm sure it's a move you've seen many times in professional basketball. A real hot dog. The last 2 minutes of the game it was gut wrenching, back and forth, one point, two point, three point leads. In the last few seconds of the game, one of our players sunk a three-point shot and we won. I cried at the bank and it sounded like Williams Arena literally broke in half with all the cheering. So today at noon, they play at the Target Center and **** is driving back up there. I have my own radio ready to take to work. If they win, they play again at noon on Saturday. The other team member that beat his chest, laid on the gym floor face down all through the hand shaking of the teams at the end. He didn't participate at all.

**** said the home people were just nuts! They were jumping and screaming and hanging on to each other. A flood of them went down on the floor with the kids. Afterwards he said he pumped so much adrenaline watching the game, he was exhausted.

Keep your fingers crossed. The only station I know of for sure that's playing the game on the radio is KBEW 98.1 FM and that's in our area. Not sure if WCCO will play it because they usually only cover the metro teams.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln