Livewel oxygenation systems

Ben520

Livewel oxygenation systems

Post by Ben520 »

Throwing this out for some experience on livewel oxygenation system anyone know of a good one.
Ben520

Re: Livewel oxygenation systems

Post by Ben520 »

After posting first post I have done more research HOLLY crapp there is a lot of different options to choose from, I feel like a research biology student
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I realize we, as bass anglers, are always looking for a better way to do things, but....
Having your livewell run full time, so you are constantly pushing fresh water through your livewell, is the best way to keep you fish healthy. Clean, moving water flushes out contaminants, and brings in oxygen, no matter what the water temps are. Bass can live in 90+ degree water if its clean and oxygenated.
Put in a dual purpose deep cycle battery as your cranking battery, and you'll never run out of juice to crank your big motor, even after running your livewell and electronics all day.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WRB

Post by WRB »

My view on water over 85 degrees is it can't hold enough DO to sustain healthy bass in a livewell.
This is one reason night tournaments have a big problem during hot summer nights, the DO levels are extremely low. If you rely on recirculating 85-90 degree lake surface water without adding DO into the livewell the stressed bass may not survive.
3 choices; keep the water cool enough, under 80 so it can hold higher levels of DO, use a DO aeration system or both if the surface water exceeds 85 degrees.
Some dissolved oxygen systems are suspect to livewell additives that contain salts and can corrode the aeration pump. Whatever system you choose make sure it's compatible to the additives.
Ounce the surface cools below 80 degrees, recirculating lake water works good.
Tom
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DCh ... CdAQwjwIAw

this is just a picture of what I had . Have never bought from this place.

I have run air pumps similar to what is used in fish tanks at home. They have an external air pump with a air stone at bottom of live well will work in any type of water
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

In addition to what was pointed out above (running your livewell constantly) I have used the Oxgenator and V-T2 livewell vents with great success. I currently have the V-T2 livewell vents installed in my Ranger, and would add an Oxygenator in a heartbeat if I could figure out how. Typically my fish are bouncing of the walls there so amped up.....there's also different kind of water supplements you can add to your livewell, just make sure you read the packages.....e.g. you should only use certain supplements when using an Oxygenator. Good luck, glad to see others care about taking care of are fish as well.

Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
Ben520

Post by Ben520 »

Thank you for all the info, really appreciate the responses