Locals kill the big Bass in spring...

Ace The Outdoor Recreatio

Locals kill the big Bass in spring...

Post by Ace The Outdoor Recreatio »

While working at the Castaic tackle store I was often shown big, dead Bass caught by locals and other part time anglers during the spring.

The local kids that fish from shore always killed lots of big Bass.

Many anglers started showing up, excited because they expected to catch a trophy when the Bass were nesting.

A local restaurant owner and his pal told me all about they large catches which they took back to their kitchen and ate or sold. They love to catch big Bass from their beds.

Probably every reader of this post will agree that this is bad for Bass fishing.

I have read that when Bass Pro's catch fish from their beds and let they go later, elsewhere that it has no measurable effect on the general spawn.

AS A GOOD EXAMPLE to the less skilled anglers, and to prevent their rape of the resource, would Bass Pro's give up fishing during the spawn?

I see no other way to stop what I think is unsportsman like and unethical angling.
socalbasser

Re: Locals kill the big Bass in spring...

Post by socalbasser »

> While working at the Castaic tackle store I
> was often shown big, dead Bass caught by
> locals and other part time anglers during
> the spring.

> The local kids that fish from shore always
> killed lots of big Bass.

> Many anglers started showing up, excited
> because they expected to catch a trophy when
> the Bass were nesting.

> A local restaurant owner and his pal told me
> all about they large catches which they took
> back to their kitchen and ate or sold. They
> love to catch big Bass from their beds.

> Probably every reader of this post will
> agree that this is bad for Bass fishing.

> I have read that when Bass Pro's catch fish
> from their beds and let they go later,
> elsewhere that it has no measurable effect
> on the general spawn.

> AS A GOOD EXAMPLE to the less skilled
> anglers, and to prevent their rape of the
> resource, would Bass Pro's give up fishing
> during the spawn?

> I see no other way to stop what I think is
> unsportsman like and unethical angling.

Ace,

You're placing your frustration and anger on the wrong group of anglers....you need to reach the kids and locals who don't practice catch and release, maybe put up signs if they don't frequent the internet site's like this one. Bass fishing is a sport that show be enjoyed year round and anglers who fish and practice catch and release should not be to blame! Unethical and unsportsmanlike are the group you mentioned not the tournament fisherman who know better. Of course you'll have an occcasional peson who only wants the recognition and bragadicio but for the most part we as tournament bass fisherman can only set good examples to fish and live by.
Pete Marino

Ace.. just as soon as you have a run of decent takes....you

Post by Pete Marino »

another ridiculous claim that has been proven to be nothing but garbage. Though I do practice and support catch and release every time I fish for bass I know for a fact that the bass population is not affected by anlers sight fishing. Maybe you should start a petition to remove Carp and bluegill from every lake because they have more of an impact on the spawn than us anglers do. Like I said, I do practice catch and release, but, if someone wants to keep a bass now and then, then so be it. As long as it is taken in a legal matter and as long as they keep only whats allowed by the lake then I have no problem with it. This is just your fetile attempt to bad mouth all of us because you know most of us are out sight fishing now while your home in your basement next to your CB and ham radio sitting around trying to concoct another cockamamie idea to bad mouth the anglers on this board. Get a life Ace, your barking up the wrong tree with this subject. You tried to bring it up last year and it didnt do you any good, I'm quite certain it wont do you any good this year either. Its really a fun way to fish this time of year especially after a long Winter bite. You should try it sometime. Pete Marino
socalbasser

Re: Ace.. just as soon as you have a run of decent takes....

Post by socalbasser »

> another ridiculous claim that has been
> proven to be nothing but garbage. Though I
> do practice and support catch and release
> every time I fish for bass I know for a fact
> that the bass population is not affected by
> anlers sight fishing. Maybe you should start
> a petition to remove Carp and bluegill from
> every lake because they have more of an
> impact on the spawn than us anglers do. Like
> I said, I do practice catch and release,
> but, if someone wants to keep a bass now and
> then, then so be it. As long as it is taken
> in a legal matter and as long as they keep
> only whats allowed by the lake then I have
> no problem with it. This is just your fetile
> attempt to bad mouth all of us because you
> know most of us are out sight fishing now
> while your home in your basement next to
> your CB and ham radio sitting around trying
> to concoct another cockamamie idea to bad
> mouth the anglers on this board. Get a life
> Ace, your barking up the wrong tree with
> this subject. You tried to bring it up last
> year and it didnt do you any good, I'm quite
> certain it wont do you any good this year
> either. Its really a fun way to fish this
> time of year especially after a long Winter
> bite. You should try it sometime. Pete
> Marino

Is this the same Pete Marino that had a carpet cleaning company and used to fish with the boys from the Inland Valley Bass Club and ABA? If it is how's Courtney and Gilbert doing?
Pete Marino

Re: Ace.. just as soon as you have a run of decent takes....

Post by Pete Marino »

Yep, thats me. I havent fished in the club for about 3 years though. There were too many politics for me. I know that Gabe and Pat both quit the club like I did. Harry quit fishing to spend more time with his wife. Gilbert, Ron and Courtney are still in the club as far as I know. I see Courtney at the Puddingstone NBW events and some select events at Perris. I see Pat at most of the tournaments at Perris. Eddie also is still in the club and also fishes some events at Perris. Pete
harveyn

Re: Locals kill the big Bass in spring...

Post by harveyn »

>

Ace;

Your arguement is a time worn complaint made by less than astute bass anglers, wannabe conservationists and political gadflys. If you are so concerned about fish coming off the beds, why did you not, as an employee of the recreational area , report the
restruant owner who claimed that he took the fish back and sold them in his eatery????? You have a long history of wanting to be heard and a very short record of accomplishment in the areas of fishing conservation.. Stay off the organized bass anglers backs with such tripe. These people kill about one fish for every fifty they catch,while under the law are entitled to kill a full limit each day. Why should they have to give up the prime time of the bass fishing sport? These people not only maintain sound conservation
practices, but set an example for others. Today, unlike 30 years ago it is vogue to practice catch and release - all due to the examples and leadership of the tournament bass fishermen. Be thankful they are doing what they do.

HN

While working at the Castaic tackle store I
> was often shown big, dead Bass caught by
> locals and other part time anglers during
> the spring.

> The local kids that fish from shore always
> killed lots of big Bass.

> Many anglers started showing up, excited
> because they expected to catch a trophy when
> the Bass were nesting.

> A local restaurant owner and his pal told me
> all about they large catches which they took
> back to their kitchen and ate or sold. They
> love to catch big Bass from their beds.

> Probably every reader of this post will
> agree that this is bad for Bass fishing.

> I have read that when Bass Pro's catch fish
> from their beds and let they go later,
> elsewhere that it has no measurable effect
> on the general spawn.

> AS A GOOD EXAMPLE to the less skilled
> anglers, and to prevent their rape of the
> resource, would Bass Pro's give up fishing
> during the spawn?

> I see no other way to stop what I think is
> unsportsman like and unethical angling.
Castaic Dave

And the croud goes wild ... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *NM*

Post by Castaic Dave »

Ace The Outdoor Recreatio

I ALWAYS turn in poachers

Post by Ace The Outdoor Recreatio »

I recently spoke against the millions of unlicensed poachers who have removed and killed every living thing from OUR coastal tide pools and rocks at the Fred Hall luncheon.

My requests that signs informing the public of the Park Police number for an instant response are still ignored at Castaic.

When at the Castaic Mini-Mart, minor friction developed when I called the cops about neighborood dope dealers, much less the owner's poacher customers whom he helped break the game laws by installing mechanized chuming devices and secret hiding places in their boats, because they brought fish to the several, illegal aliens employed there, to eat.
socalbasser

HERE, HERE. My point exactly! *NM*

Post by socalbasser »

socalbasser

Call in the INS, the Marines, the Big Bass Police, anyone qu

Post by socalbasser »