Lucas Oil executive Forrest Lucas on Trump's short list for Interior Secretary

WB Staff

Lucas Oil executive Forrest Lucas on Trump's short list for Interior Secretary

Post by WB Staff »

Forrest Lucas, we love ya, when it comes to motorsports. You and your company, Lucas Oil, have sponsored more racers and racing series than anybody. You built a great dirt track and drag boat strip in Missouri. Your son, Morgan, was a pretty decent NHRA Top Fuel driver. And you own MAV-TV, the favorite cable network of Tony Stewart, who is always watching modified racing from Bakersfield or something.

But as Secretary of the Interior? Um, not so sure. But you are on the future Commander in Chief's short list, according to the New York Times and multiple other sources, to be our new S of the I, who, according to the paper, "will decide the fate of Obama-era rules that stop public land development; curb the exploration of oil, coal and gas; and promote wind and solar power on public lands." The short list also includes Sarah Palin and Harold Hamm, CEO of Continental Resources, an oil and gas company, so we can pretty much assume anybody Trump chooses will be paving over Yellowstone. And Lucas' "Protect the Harvest" group, which mentions that Lucas "has dedicated his resources to protecting America’s prosperity," is dedicated largely to protecting Forrest's prosperity as a major cattle producer.

But it's especially interesting to read how Forrest Lucas, 74, got his oil company started. From an interview with Truckinginfo.com: Lucas says he "hunted through chemical junk yards taking a little of this and a little of that and began mixing and matching our own lubricant formulas. One day we took a lid off a rusted up barrel of chemical stuff that had been dumped and forgotten. I knew enough about it to know that this would have to be the absolute heart of the oil. I said, 'Oh, my God. This is what I’ve been looking for.' I took it, and I started making formulas with it."

Read the rest from THE DRIVE. http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/624 ... -his-money
Brian D.

Re: Lucas Oil executive Forrest Lucas on Trump's short list for Interior Secretary

Post by Brian D. »

Add to the list of already unqualified people to the White House.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related