Post by some guy »

hitless for the isotopes yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4282117
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Re: Manny

Post by buddy brown »

It is a shame about Manny. I remember when he was coming up with the indians when I was living in NYC. Every time the tribe came to yankee stadium and I was there he hit some prodigious bombs. One in particular hit flush against the upper deck fasad(sp?). The deep thud could be heard from behind home plate where I was. I thought to myself this guy is gonna be the $h!+. Now with this PED situation it erases all that for me. As more names are leaked from the ones that tested positive in 03 it will erase many other memories. It is a dam shame.

As for Manny his bat looks slow. Its gonna take longer for him to be prepared w/o the drugas. May be a while before he finds it. The Dodgers are doing fne w/o him tho.

The cubs on the other hand are being kicked to the curb on a daily basis w/o Aramis Ramirez and Gregg the "closer" sucks. Blew another save last nite
some guy

Post by some guy »

yeah looking tough in Chitown. Halos finally caught up with Texas.

His bat looked real slow. Dodgers are fine with out him, that's the truth. Yup tons of guys I grew up idolizing while playing ball are now a bunch of sorry ashes in my eyes. Bud Selig should be shot.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

some guy wrote: Bud Selig should be shot.
+1...

What's your guys take on people like Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Babe Ruth for example, that hit all those balls out of the park(600+ for all 3 guys I believe), and have done it "clean" vs. Guys like McGwire, Canseco, Bonds, Sosa, etc...Who are crushing the ball out of the park(or into the SF bay) ridiculous distances however doing it pretty much "dirty" for the most part. Does it count or can it be gauged on the same level? Is it worth 2 squirts of piss? Is it the same regardless of PED factor?

Gimme da scoop.......
"In times of rapid change experience can be your biggest handicap"
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Sosa and those other jokers are not even a zit on the @ss of any of those fore-mentioned hr kings. I remember as a youth watching guys like dave kingman, greg luzinski, mike schmidt and willie stargell hit some big bombs. These guys were just freakishly strong. I believe that stargell was one of the few to hit a hr completely out of dodger stadium. If stargell played in wrigley field with the cubs or any other stadium than the pirates old yard, he would be the homerun king and without drugs either.
some guy

Post by some guy »

All of these tools are a disgrace to the game.. Starting with Sosa and Mcgwire. Bud Selig was desperate to save the game. Balls were flying out of the park and no one cared. Everyone looked the other way. The integrity of the game is forever ruined, because of this era of baseball any mile stone reached in the future will be questioned rather than embraced. It's pathetic.
Last edited by some guy on Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

After the dumb@ss strike interest in the game from the casual fan was waining. So Selig looked the other way when so-so and mcliar were breakin records on the juice and corked bats. Someone needs to kick Selig in the easter eggs :shock: :lol:
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

Its a disgrace to the younger guys! I looked up to guys like Conseco, McGuire, Bonds, Sosa!! Now all the great memories are a huge wash!!!! No faith in our great american past time. At least one of my childhood hero's stayed clean. Benito Santiago. Possibly one of the best catchers ever. Guy had a flat out cannon!! Gunnin guys out from his knees!! And to top it off he was doing it during the Rickey Henderson days!!! That guy was a stud!!!! Nate
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
some guy

Post by some guy »

Benny was the man. All the studs growing up turned out to be duds.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

Sure would be awesom to bring back the men I looked up to
growing up as a baseball junkie. My #1 favorite of all time (THE
MICK), YOGI, THURMAN, MERCER, NETTLES,

How about Clemete, what a stud. I could go on and on.

Sosa, I always thought that cat was phony. 600plus B S.

Would have loved to see Sosa dig in on Gibson or Drysdale. Sosa
used to piss my dad off so much when that sweat'n fool would
come in the dugout and and douse himself with a cup of water.
All he was doing was sweat'n out the roids.
My dad would say look at that F$%^&er throw'n seven up in
his face. SOSA SUCKS..........MG
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Sosa always idolized Clemente but it turns out he was a chump. You can't buy class and that is something Sosa never had even among his team mates