Med cranking powell

Joecole

Med cranking powell

Post by Joecole »

Hey guys . I'm looking for opinions on the best option for med diving cranks as well as square bills in the Powell lineup. I'm currently using the original max 754cb which I have 2 of . But it feels pretty heavy.
deepvbasser

Re: Med cranking powell

Post by deepvbasser »

I use their Inferno crankbait rod and it's super light. It gets mixed reviews and I've heard of some having issues but I've never had issue with mine. I have two Inferno crankin' rods, one handles jerkbaits and topwater, the other i use for squarebills and lipless (Redeye Shads, Tungsten 2Tap, Ish's Biggie whatevers he calls em). Sometimes i use both for jerkbaits and/or whopper ploppers. What i like about them is they are seriously lighter than my other Powell crankin' sticks and they've handled 3-5lbers just fine. But there may be others who may disagree with me...I just know I love my Inferno's. I do have a new Max 3D in MH/ExFast that I use for chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, and an occasional deeper diving crankbait but nothing like the 6XD...just smaller deep divers. I use my Powell Endurance Glass for 6XDs and bigger. Just offering up what works for me. Good luck!
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

Joecole wrote:Hey guys . I'm looking for opinions on the best option for med diving cranks as well as square bills in the Powell lineup. I'm currently using the original max 754cb which I have 2 of . But it feels pretty heavy.
Inferno 755CB glass ... that'll do most of what you want from a 1.5 square bill to like the other guy said, 6XD ...
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
WC

Post by WC »

6104 max 3d
deepvbasser

Post by deepvbasser »

Hey 201Pro(CL), "the other guy" is me, Nate! hahahahahaha thanx for endorsing my 6XD rod! "Joecole", sorry to hijack your post with this comment. 201Pro KNOWS what he's talkin' about.
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

deepvbasser wrote:Hey 201Pro(CL), "the other guy" is me, Nate! hahahahahaha thanx for endorsing my 6XD rod! "Joecole", sorry to hijack your post with this comment. 201Pro KNOWS what he's talkin' about.
hey Nate, I know not what I speak! haha ... the 6XD, I'd recommend the NEW Endurance 7116CB. Otherwise, the Inferno 755CB is the everyday cranker

But I'm here trying to sell Powell and I'm not even sponsored by them! :shock: :D :D
Chris
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3