MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Moderators: Cooch, ash, Mike M, Caudawg

Old School
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:52 pm

MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Old School » Wed May 17, 2017 11:37 am

I had a 2014 Mercury PRO XS 250 on my 2014 Ranger 521c I bought 6 months ago. I had to sell the boat due to moving to Hawaii. I didn't realize that the warranty had expired on April 17th of this year. I will take fault for not researching sooner but I had no intention of selling the boat ever and my boat mechanic says I do more preventive maintenance on my boats than any of their other customers by replacing impeller annually, changing plugs/wires, lube linkage, etc. I'm such a nut I check/tighten every screw and torque screw on my boats.

So, once I started getting inquiries and prospective buyers were asking about warranty, I called Mercury. They told me that the warranty had expired 3 weeks prior and they were very adamant NOT to sell me an extended warranty (and they said NO dealer will be able to either). I even called Brunswick in Wisconsin and they said that the Pre-owned Passport warranty is not attainable because I did not buy the boat from a dealer.

Anyway, lesson learned. MERCURY SUCKS!!!! Brunswick/Mercury are not confident in the life span of their motors and Brunswick/Mercury cost me $7,000 (sold my boat for $41k when asking $48k). I will be a Yamaha guy for life as I NEVER had issues with that motor (95 ProV 150) on my older boat. MERCURY SUCKS!!!!
Attachments
20161104_164009.jpg
MERCURY SUCKS!!!

Andy Lippert
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Granite Bay

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Andy Lippert » Wed May 17, 2017 1:41 pm

So you didn't follow the rules, and you expect them to make an exception to the rules just for you--and because they don't, you're upset about it? :roll: Your name is "Old School" but you sound worse than a millenial whiner with this post.

Run the dog sh*t outta my Merc and it's been very good to me thus far. Good luck with Yamaha--sounds like they've got a great fan comin' their way...yikes.

Old School wrote:I had a 2014 Mercury PRO XS 250 on my 2014 Ranger 521c I bought 6 months ago. I had to sell the boat due to moving to Hawaii. I didn't realize that the warranty had expired on April 17th of this year. I will take fault for not researching sooner but I had no intention of selling the boat ever and my boat mechanic says I do more preventive maintenance on my boats than any of their other customers by replacing impeller annually, changing plugs/wires, lube linkage, etc. I'm such a nut I check/tighten every screw and torque screw on my boats.

So, once I started getting inquiries and prospective buyers were asking about warranty, I called Mercury. They told me that the warranty had expired 3 weeks prior and they were very adamant NOT to sell me an extended warranty (and they said NO dealer will be able to either). I even called Brunswick in Wisconsin and they said that the Pre-owned Passport warranty is not attainable because I did not buy the boat from a dealer.

Anyway, lesson learned. MERCURY SUCKS!!!! Brunswick/Mercury are not confident in the life span of their motors and Brunswick/Mercury cost me $7,000 (sold my boat for $41k when asking $48k). I will be a Yamaha guy for life as I NEVER had issues with that motor (95 ProV 150) on my older boat. MERCURY SUCKS!!!!

Rod Martin
Posts: 2581
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Holiday,Fl.

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Rod Martin » Wed May 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Been running Mercury since 1979.

Never used warranty. Have blown one up a 175 I had put racing heads and racing exhaust tuner and was running 300rpm over Max.

I take it there was nothing wrong with the motor , you missed a chance to update your warranty and you cost yourself $7000 dollars and you want to blame it on Mercury :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Well even with your problem, I will buy Mercury till I die. Own 3 of them right now
TR177 Ranger Mercury/MK

monte300
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby monte300 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Can't figure out how a good running Mercury cost you $7K just because an extended warranty was not available? Was the $48K asking price realistic?

104Jim
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby 104Jim » Wed May 17, 2017 2:30 pm

old school you must have huge balls bashing mercury for something that you did and by the way you probably would
never use the warranty anyhow good luck with Yamaha make sure you buy the warranty on time.

User avatar
185vsfrog
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Millbrae

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby 185vsfrog » Wed May 17, 2017 2:57 pm

I saw your boat on the classifieds. I'm assuming it was Jimmy Reese's boat from your ad. Damn if I knew you would have gone down to 41k for your boat I would have jumped all over it!!!!!!! What a deal. Sorry you don't like mercury anymore. They've treated me well for the past 13 yrs.

JoeLanghans
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby JoeLanghans » Wed May 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Bye!!! Thank you for leaving the mainland to join the rest of your kind, loser.
BTW... YOU SUCK!!

In Trump we trust

zdbm2004
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby zdbm2004 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:19 pm

JoeLanghans wrote:Bye!!! Thank you for leaving the mainland to join the rest of your kind, loser.
BTW... YOU SUCK!!

In Trump we trust

What's his kind? Please elaborate. Just so we all know where YOU are coming from. I'm sure he was pretty upset after having to lose $7k. No reason to be a douche. Same for others that want to bash. Don't be a prick. Be constructive.
Last edited by zdbm2004 on Wed May 17, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zmyers

User avatar
185vsfrog
Posts: 728
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:49 pm
Location: Millbrae

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby 185vsfrog » Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 pm

If you read and understood what he said, he didn't spend 7k. He was stating that he had to accept 7k less for his boat since there was no more warranty on his motor (because he, on his own, let it expire). Just clarifying facts. Someone got a good deal on that boat, even without a warranty on the motor!

zdbm2004
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby zdbm2004 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:44 pm

185vsfrog wrote:If you read and understood what he said, he didn't spend 7k. He was stating that he had to accept 7k less for his boat since there was no more warranty on his motor (because he, on his own, let it expire). Just clarifying facts. Someone got a good deal on that boat, even without a warranty on the motor!

Thanks for the correction.
zmyers

JoeLanghans
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby JoeLanghans » Wed May 17, 2017 7:06 pm

zdbm2004 wrote:
JoeLanghans wrote:Bye!!! Thank you for leaving the mainland to join the rest of your kind, loser.
BTW... YOU SUCK!!

In Trump we trust

What's his kind? Please elaborate. Just so we all know where YOU are coming from. I'm sure he was pretty upset after having to spend $7k. No reason to be a douche. Same for others that want to bash. Don't be a prick. Be constructive.

His kind are the complainers of the world, blaming everyone else for their issues... the picketers, the yelpers, the rioters, the liberals. It's Mercurys fault his warranty ran out. It's Mercurys fault he couldn't get more money for his boat. It's Mercurys fault there isn't a warranty available to purchase after the factory warranty expires unless you buy it used from a dealer. It's Mercurys fault he's moving to Hawaii and had to sell the bass boat, having to accept an offer quickly... it's all Mercurys fault, horrible company, bad business practices, just the worst. He says he's a Yamaha guy. Why did he buy a boat with a Mercury? Maybe he bashed Yamaha? Maybe he's a serial basher? Everybody has choices, don't live in regret, accept your decisions. I'm sick of seeing and listening to negativity 24/7. I use western bass and fishing to escape from all the bs, don't ruin this website too.

Old School
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Old School » Wed May 17, 2017 8:10 pm

I figured I would hurt a lot of Mercury guys' feelings but I am not targeting them. I don't understand the malicious political and geographical insults? Yet, I understand those who are loyal to Mercury, seriously. I was not loyal to Yamaha until after my recent experience with Mercury/Brunswick.

In my defense to those bashing me, please note in the original post that I said it was "my fault" for not doing the research on the warranty because I intended to keep the boat (and motor) forever. I had always dreamed for 30 years about getting a big Ranger boat with a Mercury motor and I was able to actualize that dream 6 months ago. However, my work is having me move to Hawaii. No one wanted to buy the boat without a warranty term for $48k (Most of those selling a 2014 521c Nationwide are/were asking $49k to $51k and some don't have power poles) . I bought the boat for $47k in November and put $1k into it with the impeller change, lube, tune up, compression check, etc. plus adding cool foot, seat plugs, red one cable, etc. It is tricked out (take a look at the classifieds section ("2014 Ranger 521c and Mercury ProXS 250 for $48k obo in NorCal"). I took a major hit having to sell it for $41k without a warranty.

My point is that I feel it is a horrible business practice that neither Brunswick nor Mercury would give me (or any dealer) an extended warranty for the motor just because it expired 3 weeks prior. Mercury was borderline rude about it and I did not even argue with them. I just thanked them for their time and hung up in disbelief.

I was not trying/expecting to blow up the motor which is why I (again at fault) did not research a warranty because I originally intended to keep the boat (and motor) forever. From my recent experience, every prospective buyer would/will not even consider a Mercury Outboard without a warranty on the motor (except for the person whom purchased my boat). That made me have to inquire about the warranty.

Sorry for bending some folks all out of shape but I will be fishing for Wahoo and Peacock bass with Yamaha motors.

Aloha and Mahalo
Last edited by Old School on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jiggin4bass
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby jiggin4bass » Wed May 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Bummer I think ill be losing money on my 1976 RANGER 185 with my 150 merc because mercury won't warrant my motor :roll:
Lefty's Lure Company
Custom Handcrafted Jigs
Home Of The Puffball Jig

Kentuck
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 1:49 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Kentuck » Wed May 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Poor taste bashing Mercury.

I have had a Yamaha for 12 years and it's been a great motor. Won't buy another one. Sucks trying to find folks to work on Yanahas.

User avatar
Devon8604
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: East Bay

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Devon8604 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:16 pm

:roll:

jiggin4bass
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby jiggin4bass » Wed May 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Don't blame the folks and mercury for something that is your fault so your changing brands of motors because u lost 7000.00 or you just let it go for 7000.00 less because your moving will no more warranty problems now do ya cleared that right up now didn't it :D
Lefty's Lure Company
Custom Handcrafted Jigs
Home Of The Puffball Jig

Godspeed409
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Godspeed409 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:45 pm

Mercury didn't didn't choose the timing of you selling your boat or make you take less than what you wanted. Their policy has been consistent for quite a while.

Rod Martin
Posts: 2581
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 6:31 pm
Location: Holiday,Fl.

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Rod Martin » Thu May 18, 2017 4:24 am

Old School wrote:I figured I would hurt a lot of Mercury guys' feelings but I am not targeting them. I don't understand the malicious political and geographical insults? Yet, I understand those who are loyal to Mercury, seriously. I was not loyal to Yamaha until after my recent experience with Mercury/Brunswick.

In my defense to those bashing me, please note in the original post that I said it was "my fault" for not doing the research on the warranty because I intended to keep the boat (and motor) forever. I had always dreamed for 30 years about getting a big Ranger boat with a Mercury motor and I was able to actualize that dream 6 months ago. However, my work is having me move to Hawaii. No one wanted to buy the boat without a warranty term for $48k (Most of those selling a 2014 521c Nationwide are/were asking $49k to $51k and some don't have power poles) . I bought the boat for $47k in November and put $1k into it with the impeller change, lube, tune up, compression check, etc. plus adding cool foot, seat plugs, red one cable, etc. It is tricked out (take a look at the classifieds section ("2014 Ranger 521c and Mercury ProXS 250 for $48k obo in NorCal"). I took a major hit having to sell it for $41k without a warranty.

My point is that I feel it is a horrible business practice that neither Brunswick nor Mercury would not give me (or any dealer) an extended warranty for the motor just because it expired 3 weeks prior. Mercury was borderline rude about it and I did not even argue with them. I just thanked them for their time and hung up in disbelief.

I was not trying/expecting to blow up the motor which is why I (again at fault) did not research a warranty because I originally intended to keep the boat (and motor) forever. From my recent experience, every prospective buyer would/will not even consider a Mercury Outboard without a warranty on the motor (except for the person whom purchased my boat). That made me have to inquire about the warranty.

Sorry for bending some folks all out of shape but I will be fishing for Wahoo and Peacock bass with Yamaha motors.

Aloha and Mahalo



So let me get this right,You bought it 6 months ago for 47. Put a thousand in it that may or may not be wanted by the new buyer and wanted to sell it and not lose anything in the deal. Cannot figure why you get bashed but you should get a pass to bash Mercury and now to defend yourself you say Mercury Personel were rude to you but did not say that in your first post.

I have kids and grandkids that try to use that when they don't get their way :cry:
TR177 Ranger Mercury/MK

mark poulson
Posts: 8641
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: Oakley, Ca.

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby mark poulson » Thu May 18, 2017 4:34 am

Old School wrote:I figured I would hurt a lot of Mercury guys' feelings but I am not targeting them. I don't understand the malicious political and geographical insults? Yet, I understand those who are loyal to Mercury, seriously. I was not loyal to Yamaha until after my recent experience with Mercury/Brunswick.

In my defense to those bashing me, please note in the original post that I said it was "my fault" for not doing the research on the warranty because I intended to keep the boat (and motor) forever. I had always dreamed for 30 years about getting a big Ranger boat with a Mercury motor and I was able to actualize that dream 6 months ago. However, my work is having me move to Hawaii. No one wanted to buy the boat without a warranty term for $48k (Most of those selling a 2014 521c Nationwide are/were asking $49k to $51k and some don't have power poles) . I bought the boat for $47k in November and put $1k into it with the impeller change, lube, tune up, compression check, etc. plus adding cool foot, seat plugs, red one cable, etc. It is tricked out (take a look at the classifieds section ("2014 Ranger 521c and Mercury ProXS 250 for $48k obo in NorCal"). I took a major hit having to sell it for $41k without a warranty.

My point is that I feel it is a horrible business practice that neither Brunswick nor Mercury would not give me (or any dealer) an extended warranty for the motor just because it expired 3 weeks prior. Mercury was borderline rude about it and I did not even argue with them. I just thanked them for their time and hung up in disbelief.

I was not trying/expecting to blow up the motor which is why I (again at fault) did not research a warranty because I originally intended to keep the boat (and motor) forever. From my recent experience, every prospective buyer would/will not even consider a Mercury Outboard without a warranty on the motor (except for the person whom purchased my boat). That made me have to inquire about the warranty.

Sorry for bending some folks all out of shape but I will be fishing for Wahoo and Peacock bass with Yamaha motors.

Aloha and Mahalo


Deciding to post your frustration and anger with Mercury, and yourself, leaves you wide open for others to take you to task for your mistakes. Lots of people laugh when someone else falls down. Ignore them, they are not important in real life.
We've all made dumb moves in our lives, and there is nothing worse than shooting yourself in the foot.
But that doesn't give anyone the right to attack you as a person.
"Let he among you who is free of sin cast the first stone."
Good luck in Hawaii.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY

monte300
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby monte300 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:46 am

I'm not a Mercury guy, although I believe they build an excellent product. Me thinks being forced to take $7k less is more of a product of having to sell the boat quick, more so than the fact a relatively new engine is out of warranty. Any good mechanic can check out an engine to determine it's health prior to purchase.

Steve L
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Steve L » Thu May 18, 2017 6:56 am

Old School has the right to bash Merc if he chooses. If he didn't think the company didn't go above and beyond, they probably didn't. I had an issue that should have been taken care of and they failed to help me. There are not a lot of choices, so I still run Merc. I'll say this for Merc: IF, you have warranty, they usually do a good job.

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 2:01 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Mike » Thu May 18, 2017 7:03 am

If you sold a 2014 Ranger Z521 for $41k YOU SUCK not Mercury!
Telling the Truth and pissing people off since 1993

Jerred A Jennings
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:15 am

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Jerred A Jennings » Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 am

It's never a good idea to bash major brands on social media. It's like your looking for followers because your upset about your situation. Like getting fired from your job because you were late and asking coworkers WHOS COMING WITH ME.
It's unfortunate what has happened to you on your warranty. I have had Mercury do warranty work for me just out of warranty. The problem is some people have ruined it. Warranty runs out guys have motor problems then try to extend the warranty problem solved right?
That's not the case In your situation but if they open the warranty door for one I guess that means they have to keep it open for everyone or there would be a lot more media post like this one.
good luck with the Yamaha.

jiggin4bass
Posts: 340
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby jiggin4bass » Thu May 18, 2017 8:16 am

Well old school I see you flunk class because you didn't do your research correctly that mean you stay after class and write 100 times on the black board I won't go fishing till my homework is done right Did they make you go set in a corner
Oh well you'll get over it.
Lefty's Lure Company
Custom Handcrafted Jigs
Home Of The Puffball Jig

gabuelhaj
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Manteca

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby gabuelhaj » Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am

I believe there's bass fishing on various Hawaiian Islands and would have negotiated the boss cover the expenses of transporting your rig there and keep it. Regardless, congrats on your new endeaver and good luck! :D
Glenn Abuelhaj

Old School
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Old School » Thu May 18, 2017 12:30 pm

I appreciate everyone's responses both positive and negative. I should have initially mentioned that I was not angry when I posted the original message. I should have asked for people to lean back, take a deep breath/exhale and go to your happy place before responding. Re-read my post taking into consideration that the author is a mellow/happy/rational person and not angry/yelling/whining. I was thinking that I was not alone with the warranty experience since I could not easily sell the rig to prospective buyers because they ALL were so hung up on the warranty being expired.
I was surprised (then disappointed and then frustrated) at Mercury's abrupt answer of "Not/never extending the warranty." (I said "adamant" the first time and "rude" the second time, they are not synonymous but that was how they replied). I understand without formalism, there may be no order. However, I am more of a totalitarian when it comes to life and business. I am currently an Executive VP of a software company and regardless of how big or small our clients are, I treat them with the same/exact amount of respect/service. I have always believed in and practiced the old cliche that the "customer is always right." I will try to amend or modify rules with financial institutions, suppliers, service providers, etc. to help our clients.
I want people to re-read the original post. I claimed full responsibility for being ignorant about the warranty, but I didn't care about the warranty when I bought the boat because I was going to keep it forever. I knew that I maintain my boats exquisitely. I had a 95 skeeter with a Yamaha ProV 150 prior to purchasing the 014 Ranger/Mercury package. I liked the Mercury motor and had no issues with it. Unfortunately, I had no leverage to ask the going market price for the boat because the motor warranty expired 3 weeks before I found out how important it was to consumers.
Yes, "live and learn", "lesson learned", etc. I am not mad (and am moving on) and a very nice person got an awesome boat and motor for $41k.

hydro
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:35 am

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby hydro » Fri May 19, 2017 4:30 am

#BlackMotorsMatter

basshol
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby basshol » Fri May 19, 2017 6:30 am

This is a great post I don't know if you were complaining about for someone like me it just helps me out because now I get to go by my extended warranty.since my original warranty was about to expire and I forgot all about it. Was is the cost of the extended warranty

monte300
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby monte300 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 am

hydro wrote:#BlackMotorsMatter



Ding ding ding we have a winner! By far the best post of the entire thread......

User avatar
Brian D.
Posts: 3983
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 8:12 am
Location: OC
Contact:

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Brian D. » Fri May 19, 2017 7:31 am

Image

Image
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related

Robb R
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby Robb R » Fri May 19, 2017 9:52 am

I thought this blog was all about the Russians ---it's all there fault , and I am positive the Russians seriously influenced Mercury 's reply to Oldschool . We should all call Mercury and find out who in there customer service is a Russian spy and have them removed !!!

WRB
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 pm
Location: Simi Valley

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby WRB » Fri May 19, 2017 10:13 am

My original site name was Oldschool, please don't associate me with Old School!
Moving to the islands should be a good experience and hope you find a good local Yamaha service technician who is willing to work on Haole's OB.
Tom

monte300
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 pm

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby monte300 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:41 am

WRB wrote:My original site name was Oldschool, please don't associate me with Old School!
Moving to the islands should be a good experience and hope you find a good local Yamaha service technician who is willing to work on Haole's OB.
Tom


Isn't Kauai the only Hawaiian island with a bass lake? If memory serves me correctly, I saw that small lake from a helicopter on my honeymoon nearly 30 years ago. Can you imagine how crowded that lake must get?

WRB
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:47 pm
Location: Simi Valley

Re: MERCURY SUCKS!!!!!

Postby WRB » Fri May 19, 2017 8:59 pm

monte300 wrote:
WRB wrote:My original site name was Oldschool, please don't associate me with Old School!
Moving to the islands should be a good experience and hope you find a good local Yamaha service technician who is willing to work on Haole's OB.
Tom


Isn't Kauai the only Hawaiian island with a bass lake? If memory serves me correctly, I saw that small lake from a helicopter on my honeymoon nearly 30 years ago. Can you imagine how crowded that lake must get?

Sounds like Old School plans on getting a boat with a Yamaha for fishing salt water for Ono and bank fishing freshwater ponds for Peacock bass. Hawaiians don't know what a Wahoo is!
Tom


Return to “Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caleb.Smith, drdetroit3, DRP71, ragtopped, Zealandhunter and 33 guests