Minnow traps legal?

cib11b

Minnow traps legal?

Post by cib11b »

Are the use of minnow traps legal in CA in let's say the Feather or Sacramento river? If so what am I allowed to keep and what do I throw back? Trap deminsions? I hate paying a ton for minnows but I don't want to break any laws before I attempt to catch my own..
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
Grumpy

Re: Minnow traps legal?

Post by Grumpy »

Some regulations can vary from district to district and water to water. Best to check them yourself for the areas you intend to fish. Baitfish restrictions, methods of take etc. :D
ens

Post by ens »

Grumpy wrote:Some regulations can vary from district to district and water to water. Best to check them yourself for the areas you intend to fish. Baitfish restrictions, methods of take etc. :D
With that being said, you can also contact a local tackle shop (if any) of the area and ask them. They might be better of assistant?????????????
cib11b

Post by cib11b »

ens wrote:
Grumpy wrote:Some regulations can vary from district to district and water to water. Best to check them yourself for the areas you intend to fish. Baitfish restrictions, methods of take etc. :D
With that being said, you can also contact a local tackle shop (if any) of the area and ask them. They might be better of assistant?????????????
I talked to fish and game yesterday and what I wanna do is 100% legal.
Ohh son!! That's a 4, 5 ,7 8, 12 punder son!!

2016 Ranger Z175 Lime Green Fusion!
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Good idea talking to dfg directly about your question. Better cover your butt these days, the state, county and local agencies are looking to extract every penny they can from the people.
davet.

Post by davet. »

Don't just "talk" to DFG. I find that sometimes even they are not up to date on the many complicated issues changing every year.
And when you're standing in front of a judge, you can tell him "well, DFG told me" and see how far it gets you.
Get it in writing, find it in the regs.
I think rule of thumb is, you just can't transport any live species without a permit....period. What may look like a minnow to one, could really be a grass carp.
Best idea is to trap the minnows only where you're going to use them.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!