mark poulson

More tunnel tricks

Post by mark poulson »

Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Jeff C.

Re: More tunnel tricks

Post by Jeff C. »

Imagine that... a Republican president who would rather support business than the environment. Who would have thought?
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Dont blame trump its just business and blaming brown is not going to help your cause the delta been around for generations and nobody on either side lifted a finger to try to restore that water shed so why blame the dems now there were republican in office for years with nothing done too restore the delta really you have nothing to complain about its just water. Your still going to be able to go fishing and your going to still complain there nothing new thats been going on in northern ca. We could have had dams here 40 years ago in the central valley but gov. Reagan and his buddy in sacramento said no so it not all about the dems. Either you get over it our you move out of ca.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Neither party cares about fish or recreation. The difference now then 40 years ago when Reagan was in office is that now anybody with a plot of land can and has planted almonds on it that requires a ton of water. The immigration has doubled the population which neither party has done anything about. Brown wants to build tunnels which makes no sense. I don't know what can be dammed at this point but i'm sure here are a few places geographically that could house a decent amount of water.
This state will never be controlled by Republicans again so its up to the Dem's to come up with a fix. Let's just hope its sensible. Probably better off to just give up and move out of here.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

We are a nation of laws, so we have to have faith that our system of laws, and the courts that enforce those laws, will prevail. The things that the DWR and the water districts are doing are in violation of existing law, so they will wind up in court, thanks to Restore the Delta, and other organizations who are trying to protect the Delta, and our environment.

"Our courts have their faults, as does any human institution, but in this country our courts are the great levelers, and in our courts all men are created equal" Harper Lee wrote for Atticus Finch in To Kill A Mockingbird.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

I'm with Mark...well said. I'm also a supporter of Restore the Delta.

The battle cry of the water grabbers is 'fish vs. farmers'.
The Restore The Delta folks need to flip and make it 'The Delta vs. The Central Valley Farmers'.

Fish species will expire. They've been doing it for millions of years. Don't get me wrong, I want to save as many as possible, but some will expire, regardless of what we do or don't do, that's just the nature of things (pun intended)
What should NOT expire is the Delta. Those tunnels would ensure the death of the Delta. The saltwater intrusion and the lack of freah water flows would surely doom it.
It's just too valuable of a place to let that happen.

- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny