Need 797 C2 Help

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

bassdaddy

Need 797 C2 Help

Post by bassdaddy »

A couple of months ago I purchased a new Minn Kota Terrova. Before I bought it I contacted Minn Kota to make sure my Humminbird 797 C2 would match up with the integrated transducer on the Terrova. The gentlemen I talked to told me I would be fine, but he was wrong. Does anyone know if there is an adapter on the market that might solve the problem?
Please don't tell me to call Minn Kota again...the latest follow up call didn't go so well.
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Need 797 C2 Help

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Universal Sonar will produce 2D Readings on the 797c2. But if you want DI and SI too you will need a different transducer because the Universal Sonar can only produce 2D Readings

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Doug...I appreciate your response but I will still need an adapter of some kind to connect the unit even if I'm willing to settle for 2D readings...any help with that?
Doug Vahrenberg

Here is link to the Adapter Cables: http://store.minnkotamotors.com/dyn_pro ... p?k=418661

You need MKR-US2-8 for Humminbird

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Doug...I could not find the 797 C2 SI on the list you provided the link for...are you sure that's the adapter I need?
I've already bought two other versions US2 adapter on advice from the Minn Kota customer service folks and had to send them back so I'm a little gun shy.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

That's the Humminbird adapter. Almost all modern Humminbird units use the same plug.
Doug Vahrenberg

bassdaddy wrote:Doug...I could not find the 797 C2 SI on the list you provided the link for...are you sure that's the adapter I need?
I've already bought two other versions US2 adapter on advice from the Minn Kota customer service folks and had to send them back so I'm a little gun shy.
The reason SI models are not on the list is the US2 cannot provide DI and SI data that are standard features of those models. But you can change the transducer selection on those models and make a 2D only Unit. This is the right transducer extension for US2 to connect to the MinnKota to Humminbird.

bassdaddy

Post by bassdaddy »

Thank you.